“Luxury Hotel in New Dehli”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I was there for one week meeting and everything is satisfied. It is almost perfect except the beginning. The airport pickup service is not there when I arrived airport on time. I called the hotel and they answered the driver was on his way and he was late because of serious traffic jam when it was 1AM in the midnight. I waited for almost one hour and get onto the hotel limo. I got into my room after 3AM. They didn't charge me the room rate for that night. After that, it is smooth and comfortable.

The room itself is luxury but for me, it's a bit old style. The carpet is thick and dark green and the furniture is more antique style. I think the design is too old to me. However, I checked out the room of my colleagues staying on different floors and found the design is more modern. You should check with the reception before they arrange the room for you.

For the location, since the company will arrange the transportation, I have no idea how and where the location is. The lobby is one of the highlight of the hotel. It is so artistic and different from traditional luxury hotel. It is one of the favorite lobby in my travel experiences. I also use the pool every morning and it is quite quiet everyday and I mostly enjoy the pool alone. The sauna area is also very clean and full of luxury feeling. I was also alone when using the sauna and there was one staff there to adjust the temperature for the bath for me. It is quite a royal treatment!

Breakfast is also very good. The quality of other restaurants are also superb but the price is top end. You can choose from lots options of western and Indian dishes.

All in all, it deserves its high rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PhilSung
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for the inconvinience caused due to the delay in the airport pick up. We have 4 different room accomodation types plus suites at the Hotel which would explain why there was a difference between your room and your colleagues. I am happy to hear that overall, you had a pleasant stay at ITC Maurya.

Look forward to welcoming you back,

GM - ITC Maurya

Write a ReviewReviews (2,723)

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This hotel never dissapoints. The rooms are good and thoughfully furninshed, The service is always excellent and the food at the Bhukhara divine. One can feel a bit crowded due to the many local functions and guests but I have never felt too bothered about that. The locals confirm, it is the Hotel to go to!

Room Tip: If you can, always try and book in the separate Towers and ITC Wing. Generally quieter and the club...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Softlanding
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon.

GM - ITC Maurya

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at the ITC Maurya in New Delhi from 10 Sep 2012 - 14 Sep 2012. I had flown for more than 24 hours form USA and arriced at the hotel at mignight. Had a meeting with a customer at 7:00 am, so thought that I would just check in and get some sleep. I am a SPG memeber and has specifically requested a non-skoming room. I was given a smoking room that reeked of smoke. I was not informed of that at check-in. I get to to my room at 20 mins past mighnight, tired, jet-lagged with a customer meeting coming up in a few hours, and here I am in a stinking room. Decided to just suck up and sleep there that night. Informed the floor manager/caretaker the next day and nothing was done. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. Planning to stay the Taj Palace Hotel right next door the next time I am in New Delhi.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money and stay at this hotel. There are several other better options in New Delhi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SKG135
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your candid feedback on your experience at the ITC Maurya. May we offer our most sincere apologies that your stay with us was not upto your expectations. We have viewed your comments with some concern and appropriate and immediate corrective actions are being taken to ensure this is not repeated.

May we request you to consider this as an aberration not refelective of our regular service standards.

Thank you once again and we do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back at the ITC Maurya again.

General Manager - ITC Maurya

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Booked directly via ITC site and was upgraded. Faster check in and front desk service. Did experience noise on first night. Room was right above loading dock and hotel was unloading chairs from a flatbed back into storage at 2am. Called front desk and did get moved the next morning. Room was comfortable. Upgrade offered two frees pieces of laundry per day, complimentary tea, hot chocolate or milk each night and brought to your room quickly, use of lounge with complimentary snacks and bar from 6-8pm. Server named Santosh was great!! No free Internet. Limited to 30 min per day. Breakfast buffet included....great Indian and western variety. Sauna and steam room were clean and well maintained. Location was good. Right beside Taj Hotel. Able to hop on tuk tuk to go to Delli Haat and Ambience Mall for relatively cheap. Taxi to airport was approx 250 rupee. Overall, very good experience.

Room Tip: Go to itc corporate website for offers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marmatjj
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your overall experience at ITC Maurya. I do apologize for the noise disturbance on your first night here.
We look forward to having you with us again.
General Manager – ITC Maurya

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Location: Diplomatic Enclave, which is about a 20-30min drive from the airport and about 20min drive from the shopping area, the Connaught Place. You can catch a cab or a rickshaw just outside the hotel. Although one guy who said he was the hotel's cab ripped us off, stating that we had to pay a 30% air conditioning tax. He also tried to tell us it's not safe to take a normal taxi or a rickshaw so we had to go with him. He gave him his 30% but then ditched him at one of the temples we were sightseeing.
The hotel itself was pretty nice. The decor was luxurious but borderline tacky. The rooms were comfortable. It was nice, not great though.
The Bakura restaurant, situated in the hotel, was award winning and you needed to make reservations in advance in order to get a seat. I can see how people would love it but my wife and I did not have a great experience. It was expensive and had not very comfortable seating. Our meal was over $100 U.S. and I don't mind paying that if I'm going to be wowed and I wasn't. The chicken was under cooked so my wife didn't even finish eating her meal. It wasn't bad enough to get her sick, but she lost her appetite. Our waiter was pushing extra food onto us, saying try this dish and if you don't like it, you don't have to pay for it. So I kept having to tell him I didn't like it because I didn't want to pay for it. For a quarter of that price we ate at another restaurant in town that had amazing food and it was cooked properly. Overall, I'm not a fan of the Bakura.
That being said, room service and the breakfast buffet were much better.
Service: Staff were friendly but the front desk seemed disorganized. They didn't explain anything to us and when we booked things such as a late checkout or a ride to the airport, this was not kept on our file. It took a few attempts to clear everything up with them.
Overall: The hotel was nice, not amazing. A lot of our problems were very minor and I could see how others would like this hotel. If I'm ever in New Delhi again, I'll probably look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob W
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your candid feedback on your stay at ITC Maurya. May we proffer our most sincere apologies for the reported inconvenience. We have viewed your comments with
concern, appropriate and immediate corrective actions are being taken.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Maurya.

General Manager - ITC Maurya