US$103
  • Pool
US$151
US$121
Agoda.com
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$123
US$83
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Hotel City Star(New Delhi)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$51
US$40
  • Free Breakfast
Grand Godwin Hotel(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$28
US$76
US$72
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$18
  • Restaurant
US$84
US$62
Agoda.com
Smyle Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$14
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsfrontier restauranthuge hotellobby managergrand hotelcapital cityrooms are bigroom service iscomfortable stayoudhembassiesambiencebanquet
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for one night knowing that its a five star hotel and one of the oldest prime hotel in the heart of new delhi and owned by government. The hotel is a learning experience and a must visit for all students and professionals in hospitality industry. It will practically teach that how a beautiful,vast and prime property can be poorly maintained and what are the things put off the clients. The acceptability standards are poor of almost everything which requires maintenance.
The shower won't work , drains are clogged, washroom unclean, TV reception poor, mattress , furniture almost everything is below par.
Only thing good is the location in south delhi close to embassies.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank eregards
DuttVijay, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Greetings from The Ashok!
At the outset, kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. I regret that we could not bridge the gap between your experience and expectations. I always believe that feedbacks are the best source of learning and give us an opportunity to gain insight to improve the services and standards. Assuring you best of our services always and would look forward for the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Vijay Dutt

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Bloated & badly maintained, step inside for a taste of Indira Gandhi's India.
Once you get beyond the stressed and unwelcoming reception (same applies to the cashier), the staff are lovely. The housekeeping staff were called twice within the first hour I was there, first to fix loose panels on the balcony that banged around with the wind, then to clean the floor as I realised that the soles of my feet were black from walking barefoot in the room.
Both problems were attended to promptly, but the floor remained just as dirty after the (dirty) mop was passed as if it hadn't been done at all. (See photo)
Even if I could have tolerated the noisy and malfunctioning extractor fan, water started dripping from the bathroom ceiling in the middle of the night, and the floor was flooded by morning, obliging me to change rooms.
The new room was very different in style and perhaps more recently renovated, yet the air conditioning was on permanently as the thermostat was broken, so I had the choice between being cold or suffocating when I had to switch it off completely for relief.
There are several dusty old tourist shops selling typical Indian trinkets but which appear to be almost entirely unexplored by customers.
On the plus side, it's a great location - a Delhi landmark- and the food is good.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2016

The Ashok Hotel Chanakyapuri, New Delhi one of the fabulous hotel in delhi. My experience was Awesome. I went with my friends for dinner as a party. i found the staf very polite & liked the service for the same. I love to go again and again .

Room Tip: food varieties
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
DuttVijay, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. I am pleased to know that our services were to your satisfaction and that you had an awesome experience while dining with us. Your feedback is important to us and has been shared with our team; for whom it is a tremendous source of inspiration. It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward for an opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

It's been a good experience staying in this hotel. Good rooms, good hospitality.. Keep it up!
Restaurants are good too.

Good option for Delhites to spend couple of nights in luxury.

Although property is old but we'll maintained.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Greetings from The Ashok!

At the outset let me thank you for the kind words of appreciation about the hotel and its allied services. They really mean a lot to us! I am pleased to know that our services were to your satisfaction and that you were comfortable during your stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward for an opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is nice as it is historical value and best for night lovers this hotel has a disco called capitol the party satrats after midnight and croud is on top after 2:00am or 2:30 when most of the parties in town finish great croud great ambiance

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
DuttVijay, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Ashok!

Let me thank you for reviewing us on Trip advisor & kind words of appreciation. We are glad to learn that we could impress you with the grandeur of the hotel and our happening nightclub. Your feedback is important to us and would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to do all the more better.

We look forward for an opportunity to serve you again!