US$122
US$109
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Hyatt Regency Delhi(New Delhi)
US$225
US$115
  • Pool
US$191
US$109
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$110
US$128
US$80
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Hotel Ajanta(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$86
US$78
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
ITC Maurya, New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$200
US$190
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Grand Godwin Hotel(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$23
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2008

thes hotel it is Very good and Comfortable and Good service and The most important thing in Central City I stayed three days in it

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank ahmedww4
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I had a nice stay at Hotel 55. Before one books here, they need to set their expectations. This is a one star hotel with 15 rooms.

I stayed here for three weeks. I have never been waited on hand and foot like I was at Hotel 55. You have to take advantage of their hospitality.

The breakfast menu was a bit limited, but the food was very good. I commonly would tell the manager I wanted some food not on the menu and it would appear about twenty minutes later. They will send someone to one of the local restaurants to get what ever you desired.

The rooms and bathrooms are clean. They are simple and the fixtures are about 30 years old, but considering how horrid an Indian public bathroom can smell, there was nothing wrong with Hotel 55's bathrooms. They did not smell at all. They always had hot water. I would not recommend drinking the hotel's tap water, but they provide bottled mineral water.

I never saw any bugs in my room, however on the terrace there were some small leafhoppers. These seem to be every where in Delhi. I really enjoyed the terrace, however I wish they had turned the lights off at night, so the leafhoppers were not as bad. The terrace is pretty, with potted plants and stucco walls. Its kind of amusing, the furniture on the terrace is plastic. My friends and I spent many nights enjoying that terrace.

The staff was very trustworthy. That is important in a city that likes to hustle the tourists. I accidentally left my door open a few times and no one ever entered. The manager is Mohan, he was helpful arranging my travel to Jaipur and finding drivers for travel in Delhi. If you ask nicely, they might let you use their office computer for internet, otherwise, there is no wireless or ethernet.

There are some things that I think were funny, but some would find a bit odd. Remember, this is India, if you are traveling here you should immerse yourself in their culture. There were two staff members who sometimes slept in the hall at night. They were very nice, gentle hearted men, and I was told that they were there to serve the clients who may be arriving very late at night. On busy nights, they did not have enough room to accommodate all of their staff members. I got used to it. If you need something, just tell them and it will be in your hand within 30 seconds. There are some rooms without windows, which seem to be quieter, the Delhi traffic is loud. I think the first floor is a bit quieter.

You have to get used to having people do everything for you. You will never carry a bag, and the chi tea flows like water. I met many interesting European travelers here. Many females stayed at the hotel while I was here and they said they felt very safe.

The hotel is in Connaught place. If it your first time to Delhi, you may want to avoid walking around Connaught at first, until you become more saavy at dealing with the people of the street. The hotel provided us with a car right as we walked out of the door, and took us to some nice peaceful places in Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 September 2008

This is probably the worst hotel that I've resided in New Delhi. I still remember opening the wardrobe and a flurry of mosquitoes burst out; It was horrifying. I requested the hotel staff to atleast spray some insect repellant but it fell on deaf years. The rooms were terrible and moldy. Avoid like the plague!

• Stayed: August 2003, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 30 April 2008

This hotel has GOT to be the most squalid and disgusting place i've ever seen (and i've stayed in some dives). Words cannot describe how repulsive this place really is. We stayed in Delhi for 2 nights and heard about hotel 55 from the lonely planet. The hotel website is incredibly misleading and claims to be 3 star, when I would question how it was ever classified as a 1 star. In line with other reviews, the driver never arrived at the airport although the manager was adament that he was still waiting for us once we had arrived at the hotel. They gave us a filthy, small and stinking room at the front of the hotel overlooking the road. After complaining about the noise, they moved us to the 2nd floor at the rear of the hotel. This room was also filthy and looked like a prison cell. The bathroom was full of mould, grime and limscale and the bedding was filthy. The hotel staff were lounging around drinking. Cutlery and soiled linen was strewn in the corridors and remained there the 2 nights we were there. The roof terrace (if you can call it that) is big enough for 3 plastic chairs, which were also covered in black grime and mould. Thankfully, the 1 full day we spent at the hotel was taken on a day trip to Agra. On our return (which we were dreading), the room had not even been touched since we left at 5am. I felt really unsafe, especially since there appeared to be only one entrance (the hotel is situated up 2 flights of stairs above a shop) and no fire exits. The manager was very quick to mention that the lonely planet had the star rating wrong ( they accurately classify it as a 1 star, whereas the website says its a 3 star). He told us he always recommends his website as the information in the lonely planet is wrong. Frankly, it ruined our experience of Delhi and I wish I had photos to add to my review to show how disgusting and squalid the place really is.

Stayed: April 2008
4  Thank nurseclaire01
Reviewed 26 March 2008

If you are expecting any kind of luxury you will be disappointed (hotel website in this case is perhaps a bit misleading), but if you want reasonably priced (in terms of its excellent location) basic accomodation than you can't go wrong. Staff were fairly helpful. All in all I was quite satisfied with what I got for my money. Could have paid less and stayed further out from the centre, but enjoyed waking up and having everything on my doorstep, seeing as it was a short stay. Though with the advent of the Metro this location advantage may become less pronounced as it takes 10-15 minutes to travel in from cheaper location.

Stayed: March 2008