“One of the best places to enjoy oriental cuisine in Delhi”
Review of Yum Yum Cha

Yum Yum Cha
Ranked #61 of 13,175 Restaurants in New Delhi
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This is the second outlet of Yum Yum Cha that I visited for a weekday lunch. The place was jam packed and there was waiting outside. Keeping that in mind, the service didn’t falter even for a minute. Seeing the footfall, they really should have opted for a bigger place.

In drinks I opted for their two fun bottles, Ginger Iced Tea and Pomegranate & Ginger. The flavour combination of pomegranate & ginger was fantastic and very refreshing. Ginger Iced Tea on the other hand was totally off.

In food I tried the latest additions to their menu. Started the meal with Krispy Fried Chicken and Crispy Fish Bao. Both the variants had soft baos with crispy filling and topped with delectable sauces. These two new additions are definitely worth a try. In dimsums I devoured my all-time favourites, Crystal Duck and Chicken & Chilli oil dimsums. I have been fond of these two variants since the first moment I tried these. From new addition I tried Lotus Chicken, and didn’t really like the taste or texture of this dish.

In main course I absolutely devoured their Golden Japanese Curry with crispy vegetables and sticky rice. I gobbled up 2 bowls of this I loved it so much, the taste was to die for. This is a must try dish. Also enjoyed some beautifully made Red Thai Green Curry with nicely cooked veggies with perfectly balanced flavours. The main course was definitely the highlight of this meal.

In desserts opted for their Mochi Ice Cream. Pink Paan which is a new addition, Coconut & Jaggery, Matcha Green Tea, Blackberry, Mango and Rocky Road. Coconut & Jaggery and Mango were my all time favourite and Pink Paan became my new favourite. Summing up, I enjoyed a scrumptious meal at this place and I definitely coming back for Golden Japanese Curry.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

the sushi rolls are good with nice vegetarian options and sashimi is fresh. The restaurant is popular and quite small so be prepared to wait to get a table

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Not a fan of its cuisine but was taken here by a friend. Pleasantly surprised at the quality and servings. Def coming back

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The restaurant is a vibrant bustling place - most times that we have been by. The decor is modernistic, and the tables pretty close to each. If you plan to have a private romantic conversation this is not the place. Obviously popular and busy! But, when last week we did get a table, at lunch time, we happily went for it to see why the place seems to have captured the diners attention.
Well, for one, the food menu is eclectic - offering a range of Sushi and other Japanese styled choices, to Dim Sums, to different Thai and other Chinese dishes. Each cuisine type has a limited menu offering but I'd say good enough to make a discerning choice.
The service attention was prompt and courteous. Sitting next to the open plan kitchen counter was a bit of a challenge for the strong aromas of garlic and chilli.
We ordered the Veg mushroom sticky rice Szechuan and the shredded chicken and they were both yummy-ily delicious. Both served piping hot & were substantial helping for two. When I looked around at other fellow diners, noticed that besides variations of the sticky rice, the noodles and the dim sums appeared to be satisfying many palates too!
The drinks - no alcohol - the orange kafir and the ginger pomegranate were excellent thirst quenchers. I can understand why the place is popular - the food is tasty with a decent choice of different cuisines oriented to the Indian taste buds, service attentive and reasonably quick, and the ambiance bustling with a happy come let's tuck-in feel!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Sometime back, my daughter had taken me to this place for a Japanese dinner. I still recall the pleasant experience.
The place has a very pleasant and cheerful ambiance of a casual diner, a bit congested, but seemed to be very popular as it was packed with diners. We were lucky to arrive at an instant when we could be seated almost instantly.
For starter we had Mizo soup, which was a bit salty. I wanted to garnish it with Nori powder, but that was not available. Wanting to taste the variety available for main course, we selected Chef’s special platter of Sushi and Sashimi. The servings were appropriately tempered for Indian palate; the fish seemed to be steamed instead of being raw. The wasabi was pleasantly pungent, and the pickle was also appetizing. Ramen was available only with pork and we gave it a go by. On the side we had a non-veg sea food salad, which was delicious. For dessert we had Mochi Tea ice cream, which was perhaps green tea infused ice cream. It was a novelty and perhaps good for health with all the goodness of green tea!
Service was prompt and friendly. Also true to Japanese style, the presentation, crockery etc was interesting and artistic. At approximately Rs. 3000/- plus for two persons, it was a bit expensive for a casual diner, but I guess Japanese food is expensive. Would like to return to try out other offerings.