“Nice Coffee”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is always fully packed! You may have to wait for the table if in a big group! We went there in group of 2, so easily get the table! :)

This visit was only for chit chat over coffee! so we had Mozarta (hot coffee) and ICH special cold coffee. Mozarta comes with hazelnut syrup and small pieces of almonds in it, when mixed properly, it tastes perfect!!

ICH cold coffee was little strong, so we requested them to add some sugar in it. Afterwards, they fixed it, and it also tasted perfectly.

This is a pieceful place to sit, relax and chat! Do visit for good coffee times!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff has become arrogant. Without the permission of the customers, they are charging 12% SERVICE CHARGE in the form of "VSC" in their invoice, which I presume means VOLUNTARY SERVICE CHARGE. When I asked them to remove this SERVICE CHARGE, the waiter arrogantly told me that they will not remove the SERVICE CHARGE and that I should not have come to their restaurant INFRONT of my guests. For public awareness, I want to tell everyone that we only need to pay 5% GST on food items and 20% VAT on drinks (which is mandatory) and according to Court rulings, Hotels and RESTAURANTS cannot force their clients to forcefully pay SERVICE CHARGE which is additional 12% of the total billing. Please do not go to this restaurant as because they are quite old hence they know that they have a good client base and so arrogance have come in them that they can do anything and ill-treat their guests. I have attached photographs of the invoice and highlighted the SERVICE CHARGE in green colour. Please spread this information as much as you can that NO HOTEL or RESTAURANT can FORCE you to pay SERVICE CHARGE (as high as 12% of the total billing) if you do not wish to!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have the right to REFUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank abhimanyu33333
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was in town for an emergency. Dropped in by accident and loved the change of pace, scenery, and people. it's not your usual crowd nor ambience. Had a drink, fish sticks, cake and a few other items. All good. it's definitely worth visiting when in Delhi.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of the locations which has maintained its charm over the years. Retro ambience, good service, need not mention about food which is absolute classic!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On Sunday, we visited United Coffee House in CP with my family. I usually don't take out time to write reviews about restaurants I visit, however this time around I think it is not just about food here, its about the whole dampener on our dining experience. Just because a restaurant has been around for a while does not mean they don't have to adjust and live up to the standards that are a norm in the industry now. ***Attitude and Service** I'm referring to..

I was shocked at the snottiness of the staff and later I realised it comes from their manager Rajesh. Extremely rude, don't understand why is he in service industry with this kind of attitude. Had I, not been waiting for 35 min outside in heat for table, and had i not been with 3 young kids that day, I would have walked out, In hindsight I think should have still waked out after the overall behaviour of the staff

Service staff just could not accept that I refused bottled water, I had 6 different people come to me asking the same, Food was good, quantity was decent but for fine dining rates, the place is quite cramped (we were seated on the mezzanine floor) and for the service and untrained service staff.

Not only I'm not visiting the place again, but I'm not going to visit the newly opened branch in Cyber hub.

In my entire lifespan of eating out, I have yet to come across the kind of attitude that I was given in this outlet. This is not like older times when people don’t have many options on places to choose from.

Finally, reason behind the difference in service attitude by the entire service staff on tables where foreigners were seated vs. us the lesser mortals remains a mystery!

United Coffee house thinks it is not important as heritage is on their side and it will sail them till eternity. they live in an illusion that people don’t visit them for food or Service …just heritage !!!

1  Thank VanyaSawhney