“Family Restaurant and Bar”
Review of Swagath

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Defence Colony
Reviewed 28 March 2017

The ambience is simple and perfect. The vibe is peaceful and of a relaxed one. Defence Colony is from where Jayaram Banan's (the owner) started his journey with the dedication to serve the best seafood.

The restaurant serves fairly priced but exotic and innovative Sea Food. Besides fine dining it also offers a Banquet, Lounge with Bar Facilities and Catering services. The tasting menu, brings to you that satisfied feeling of a truly great meal.

Food Talk --

Start with Gamberi Soup because its simply delicious. Beautifully crispy vegetables on the sides with prawns in the center have a fall of stock on it. The humble serving will make you sip more and more. Buon Appetito, my lunch has just begun!
Fish strips / fingers served with tarter and herb dips. Crunchy from the outside and a complete melt in the mouth from the inside. This was the freshest fish I have had in a long time. Complimented the Chef and he informed that the fish is imported on a daily basis from Mumbai.
Kesari Paneer Tikka, soft cottage cheese marinated in Yogurt, Saffron and moderately used spices.
Chicken Chittinad is a curry based dish and an absolute delicious. Its spicy and prepared with loads of aromatic flavours. Its supposed to be fiery hot, so if your not so much into spicy food, you can ask the Chef to tame the spice level according to your palate. Now I understand why it is so famous in Chettinad region (Tamil Nadu). Ah! Enjoy this dish with Malabar Parantha (Indian Bread). Its flaky and compliments best with Curry based dishes.
Paneer Lababdar, soft and silky cubes of cottage cheese cooked in spicy tomato and onion paste. Its not heavy at all for the stomach as there's very fair amount of cream on top for garnishing. Plus, the tomato and onion masala used as the curry is coarse. Giving the extra edge to the dish. I dislike tomato and onion to the core. However, I was finger licking this dish. Hats off to the Chef!

Dessert --

Like I always say, "No meal is complete without Dessert/s". I tried the Fried Ice Cream. Ha! I know the name sounds really mind boggling. Ice Cream that's fried, how? I requested the Chef to give me knowledge over this. He smiled and sat on a chair opposite me and gave full recipe. Delighted to my surprise, the recipe is simple and I shall give it a shot at home. And if it does not work out, I will rush to the Chef to give me some cooking sessions specially for this. DO NOT SKIP THIS DESSERT. Its a must try!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Well i visited their another restaurant at Noida and m totally fan of this place bcz of their food...
Defence colony itself is a well settled area with all known restaurants.. visited this restaurant couple of weeks back with few of my other foodies friends ...
Place is nice very cozy interiors and i must say u need prior reservationa for the same...
We went their for dinner and started with chicken hot n sour soup ... soup was yummy chicken chunks were cooked properly..
Then we ordered spicy chicken wings, chicken tikka, panner tikka and mutton seekh kebabs and in main course we ordered butter chicken, mutton with lacha parathas and naan..
Liked the chicken wings spicy and full of flavors.. didnt liked the butter chicken but yes mutton was awesome ...
Overall we were very happy and satisfied with the food and services ...

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We were here for a business dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by completely authentic Indian food and nice hospitality.
I have been here earlier and every time the experience is better than earlier.
This place is frequented by ex pats and this is a nice locality with other nice hang outs around.
Recommended.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We decided to have lunch at the Swagath Restaurant while shopping for Indian Cookery books in the Defence Colony district. Fantastic service, excellent food and a manager who was quite willing to share his knowledge of the food and its preparation with us.
I fine dining experience in Delhi which will wake up your taste buds for good Indian food and a superp dining experience.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Variety. Indian ( South & North), Continental and Chinese food. Good seating. Nice decor. Food is good and reasonable price.