“The club itself makes it well worth it.”
Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #35 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As I was looking to try a different kind of hotel compared to the big chains I usually stay at, I found and booked the Waterstones Hotel.
When I arrived, my room was not ready and I was offered a drink (but I ordered mango lassi and was told that was not part of the 'free drinks' range, which was basically water and juice - which I find strange when you're offered a free drink). Anyway, I then received the fire room (plenty of pictures available on trip advisor). Quite a different concept but not really more comfortable than any other rooms. Mind you this room has a view over the patio, which may be a bit bothersome in the evenings when there are receptions or TV events which are broadcasted in the patio. Anyway, I did enjoy the overall themes, style and decorations of the hotel, but what sets it apart from all the rest is the nearby club, which you can access as a hotel guest. This club features spa services, a nice gym, but above all the most gorgeous swimming pool I have ever stayed at, all hotels considered. Above all, I never saw more than 3 people there, so it felt like having my own private pool, an ideal place to relax or even swim laps as the pool is long enough. The only downside are the many birds (crows I think) which can make a hell of a noise at times. But honestly, the pool itself makes it worth it staying at this hotel. I also enjoyed a nice outside dinner at the hotel restaurant but beware of mosquitoes which can be a pain at night.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Waterstones Hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I stayed here for only one night. However, the property is very nicely located. The best thing is the club which has almost everything you can ask for. The swimming pool is the best swimming pool i have been in. The gym is wonderful with a lot of equipment. There are a number of arenas for indoor activities. However, the wifi is on chargeable basis which was a turn off for me. But otherwise a nice property to stay in.
PS: The good night gesture of placing free chocolates on my bed was a customer delight moment

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of the airport
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
GMMarsHospitality, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

First of all I would like to thank you for spending your precious time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We aim to provide a truly unique experience, and I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and the club facilities.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The approach to the hotel is slightly dingy and unlit. After you enter the HOTEL boundary you are in a different world altogether . Everything about the hotel is GREAT. Very pleasant stay. Waiting to be there again.

Room Tip: A good Hotel to be with your family.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us on this travel forum and share such glowing feedback about the hotel.

It is our constant Endeavour to offer our guests a wonderfully comfortable experience through our commitment to service and quality.

We will forever aspire to provide such beautiful experiences to all our guests, in our never-ending quest for perfection.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope the Waterstones remains your hotel of choice in Mumbai.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I often stay at hotel waterstone as booked by my company. Front office staff are very hospitable with a special mention of Miss Monadeepa - she has always been very friendly and makes the check in very quick n smooth. Thanks to her and her generosity. .she knows her job perfect.
Would definitely love to visit this hotel again and again....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank sachin583

First of all I would like to thank you for spending time to write a review and your continued patronage.

I would like to thank you for the nice words about our staff and such appreciation always help to get the best out of our team members. I have personally conveyed your words of praise to Monideepa and she was thrilled to hear that her efforts have been so well appreciated.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

- Excellent staff and service standards
- Rooms are spacious and well designed (Some of them have a problem of seepage along the walls...which is an eyesore!!!)
- The theme based floors are well designed and lend a unique dimension to the stay
- Club facilities are par excellence
- Excellent Dining options (breakfast spread can be a revisited)
- Approach road top the hotel needs major rework and is a big dampner

Room Tip: Take the higher floors and end of corridor rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai city, and taking time to review us on this travel forum.

We are delighted to hear that our themed accommodations were to your taste and you enjoyed the club and the restaurant experience. Your constructive remarks have been noted for immediate action to ensure highest standards are maintained throughout.

Trust you would be back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.