Our three nights in the Palace Wing were a treat. We were upgraded from the Tower Wing, which was a real bonus as the two wings are nearly run as two separate hotels - separate breakfast areas, separate lobbies, lounge for Palace guests only.
Our room was luxe, with a marble bathroom and dressing area. However the the highlight was the corridor outside - beautiful, with a variety of contemporary art. I am sure the hotel was full, but we rarely saw anyone else. Breakfast in the Sea Lounge was good, with plenty of choice if slightly patchy service. And a view over the Gateway to India.
For us there were two highlights to the stay - the free tour of the hotel with a highly enthusiastic ( if slightly know-it-all ) guide and afternoon tea in Palace Lounge.
All in all an experience that I am unlikely to ever forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 543 rooms including 54 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for hi-tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Hotel