“Nice hotel”

Ranked #37 of 377 Hotels in Jaipur
Minneapolis
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights as part of our trip with Gate1 during early February 2012. The hotel is very nice with clean rooms and a great breakfast buffet. The room was cold, and there was no heat, so we just asked for an extra blanket and we were fine.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jtdw
Avneesh-Mathur, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jaipur, responded to this review, 29 February 2012

Namaskar !!!

We thankful to you for your encouraging comments, this is our team Country Inn & Suites , Jaipur . We look forward to receive you back in Jaipur more often.
Best regards,

AVNEESH K MATHUR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newark, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is the second Country Inn I have stayed during my last trip to India. Funny thing - both had busted thermostats - must be their trademark...

Few notes
+ Pretty nice hotel - one of the better ones (in this price range) I have stayed in in India (this is my fourth trip)
+ Very good breakfast served at appropriate (none of "breakfast starts at 8:30am) hours
- Thermostat did not work. They put a space heater in my room.
- Water is acceptably warm to take a shower but not as hot as I would want it to. I was feeling sick and wanted a hot shower - well - let us say I never got it...
- Internet prices are outrageous. Did I say outrageous already? 800 rupees + tax for 24 hours. This is for hotel where rooms are normally about 4,000 rupees. So don't use their internet or factor it in price of the room when deciding.
- My "quiet" room on 7th floor was facing the main road and and 5am I got woken up by loud honking and other general noise from the street we were facing. Insist on rooms facing rear or bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor facing away from the street
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank aleksandr o
Avneesh-Mathur, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jaipur, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Namaskar !!! We simply thankful to you for your encouraging comments, this is our team Country Inn & Suites , Jaipur . We will take care in future.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I just a night's stay at Country Inn, and was flattered with the quality and comfort of the room. The buffer breakfast, inlcuded in the price, was elaborate and sumptupus. I had more than I ever have in the first meal of the day. The hotel is beautiful from inside. At the price that they offer, its total value for money.

The only downside? When I called up a hotel executive on his mobile before checking in, he told me that he would revert immediately, and when I called him up after ten minutes he disconnected my phone and messaged to come and check in. WHen I reached I was told that it would 20 minutes to have the room ready. The front desk staff looked lost in parts, whereas the restaurant staff and even bell service staff was very courteous and competent.

Given the comfort level, I would recommend Country Inn.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Namaskar !!!

We simply thankful to you for your encouraging comments, this is our team Country Inn & Suites , Jaipur . We look forward to receive you back in Jaipur more often.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I been stayed 3 nts at this hotel from 23rd to 26th Jan 2012. All the rooms were very clean, spacious and well supplied. Breakfast buffet was satisfactory with various types of cuisine. This hotel is centrally located and is a good option for a business/work trip. This hotel is good for a tourist visit too as there is a shopping mall right there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pramodlohi

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We booked 3 deluxe rooms for 2 nights in January 2012; all the rooms were very clean, spacious and well supplied. Breakfast buffet was satisfactory with various types of cuisine. A la carte service at the restaurants was slow although the food quality was excellent.
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout the stay but the service during checkout was not satisfactory as the staff seemed to lose interest in guests who were leaving. Also, the hotel did not have any activities for kids apart from the TV in the room.
Overall a satisfactory experience !

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms on higher floors (floors 7 and 8) have a better view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family