Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$72
Hyatt.com
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$175
US$137
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Taz Kamar Inn(Chennai (Madras))
US$37
US$30
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
US$66
US$50
US$62
US$48
Agoda.com
Quality Inn Sabari(Chennai (Madras))
US$43
The Residency(Chennai (Madras))
US$54
US$46
Priceline
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
US$69
US$47
Priceline
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$174
US$100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

All reviewsfood sectionhotel industryroom facingspecial thankssous chefsmall issuef bpaneerideal placeexecutive chefbig hotelfront desk staffdecent sizeindian cuisinesuperb hotelhotel restaurantcomfortable stay
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to the hotel with first being in May 17. As last visit was full if issues I was hoping that with experience of last 8 months since opening, there would have been improvement. However processs seem to have fallen apart. We followed following issues.
1. Green tea ordered took 75 minutes before it was served after escalation

2. Rooms don’t have basic hygiene kits available and upon asking for a shaving kit they sent dental kit. Repeating 3 times shaving kit and every time they sent dental kit.

3. Food bill was wrongly charged and thankfully I checked the same at the time of checkout to get it corrected.

4. TV was not working for both the nights, they blamed it on chennai rains. However post checkout I was told by my colleagues that there was no problem in their room. May be it was raining excessively in my room only.

5. When you reach back hotel after days work at around 1830 hrs you find that room Is still not cleaned and you have to wait another 30 minutes before room geeta ready.

Overall very bad shape. Have instructed our office facilities team not to do any business with them.

Would never go back to holiday inn chennai

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chennai OMR IT Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hi vinaymadaan4u,

Thanks for choosing us again for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted your stay. I'm sorry to hear that the accommodations and services provided did not meet your expectations. The inconvenience caused by the time it took for tea to be served, in-room amenities, Housekeeping, and the mix-up on your bill are certainly not the impression we'd want to leave our guests. Your feedback is shared with the team to ensure that these areas are addressed and we're on par.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and do know that I've reached out to you privately to obtain additional information.

Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Holiday Inn has climbed the rankings very fast and deservedly so .. it is a new property and well maintained .. staff is super receptive to feedback and are eager to help. All amenities make the stay and rooms comfortable. The breakfast restaurant is also very good and offers fresh stuff. Perfect for business as well as families and located on the main road. Rooms department is very attentive - especially Mr. Shivram and Nikhil Tiwari.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Holiday Inn C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chennai OMR IT Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Gauravs09,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to know that you liked our services.

At Holiday Inn Chennai, we strive to ensure that we provide a comfortable and memorable experience to all our guests and comments like yours motivates our team to perform better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pankaj Katyal

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This was the first time in India, this is an excellent hotel, with very nice welcome.
People are kind and willing to help.It's clean and food is excellent. Room is confortable and very quiet. I recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Holiday Inn C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chennai OMR IT Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear François S,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pankaj Katyal

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Pros;

-- Brand new, Modern rooms, Comfortable beds
-- The best breakfast buffet I had in India in this hotel category (I dare say even better than many 5 star hotel breakfast buffets across the country)

Cons;

-- There is no double glazing so expect some noise from the roadside (think the notorious trucks honking as they race down the road at night)
-- The extras at the hotel are over priced considering the competitive environment in the hotel industry in Chennai.
My late check out cost more than the one night booking (though in all fairness I did get a complimentary breakfast) and the hotel charged thrice (maybe even 350% more than) the fare charged by uber and ola cabs to transport me from their other property that happens to be 11 kms. down the road.
It is best to double check which of their two properties you are booked in because the other is called holiday inn express and this one is called holiday inn expressway so it is common for taxi drivers to mistake the two (especially considering they are both located on the same OMR road).

Bottom line: If you get a good rate including breakfast this hotel should be your first choice but avoid any extras beyond that because the final bill will be more than staying at the top end 5 star luxury hotels around town.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
ShivramGangadharan, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Chennai OMR IT Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Not Your B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to know that you liked our product.

However, we can understand the issue you might have faced due to the hotel names and locations. Hence, it is better to mention that our hotel is at SRP Tools signal - this helps the taxi drivers to understand better.

I understand that you might have had to pay extra for the late checkout but that's how the hotel standards are but let me assure you that the team would always take the extra efforts to ensure that your stay is a comfortable one.

Please do let me know should you have any issues and I would be happy to help. You can call me at 7550111100 or send me a mail at shivram.gangadharan@ihg.com.

We hope you shall visit us again, soon.

Shivram Gangadharan
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Good Hotel, Excellent customer service is what makes this property stand out.
Rooms are comfortable and nicely maintained.
Food quality is extremely nice and they have an excellent breakfast spread.

Perfect combination required during business travel.

Stayed: April 2017
ShivramGangadharan, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Chennai OMR IT Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Anirban Mandal,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to know that you liked our services and that we could meet your expectations.

At Holiday Inn Chennai, we strive to ensure that all our guests are happy and have a comfortable experience and comments like yours motivates our team to perform even better.

We hope you shall visit us again soon.

Shivram Gangadharan