“Resturent”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Resturent”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I went to their restaurant with a guest who stayed there in march 1. It was good and I would definitely recommend this. I am yet to experience their hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Not yet. Yet to experience
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MOOSAINDIA
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear MOOSAINDIA,

Thank you for your kind feedback on our restaurant, we are delighted that your brief experience with us left you with a positive impression.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you will stay with us in the near future.

Roger Brantsma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I travel for business and spend a lot of time in hotels, this is the first time I have taken the time to write a negative review.

After my first stay I felt that this was the best option for a business traveler in Chennai. All changed after my last visit. I stayed in room 520. When entering the room there was a strong smell of mildew / mold. My colleague, a physician, came to my room and said CHANGE THIS ROOM. As it was late I stupidly did not listen and woke up with a sore throat. The following morning there were mosquitoes in the lobby. In the evening sitting on the room there were also mosquitoes. I again made the mistake of staying in the same room (I blame myself for not leaving). When I turned off the air con the smell decreased. My colleague told me he had the smell of cigarette smoke from his vent system!

The following day I was ill, and left for Mumbai. By Thursday I had a 39 degree plus fever and a severe infection. I was put on a cocktail of drugs and sent home.

Several items of clothing that were hung in the hotel were in a plastic bag for the laundry and my family physician suggested I send them to a lab. When I sent an email to the hotel the response was that they check their air system regularly and all is OK. They said they would refund one night rate as a gesture.

This is not a responsible response from the HILTON. There was an absolute issue with the ventilation system and mold. FYI never got the credit to my account not that it matters.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank sharona1707
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear sharona1707,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us.

I am aware that we have communicated with you following your stay. I have personally looked into this matter with my team and found that the unfortunate issues encountered in your room were the result of nearby leakages. Rest assured my team have done their utmost to rectify this. The hotel, in fact, has a hygiene lab to carry out checks on all our raw food ingredients, water and air quality. Our in-house microbiologist performed a comprehensive test on Room 520 and the results were clear of any bacterial agents.

You may also wish to know that our team from the Engineering department adhere to established and stringent regular checks of all our air conditioning units to ensure that not only do they function well, but that the air quality meets all health and safety standards. With regards to the mosquitoes, which is a prevalent problem in Chennai, we have regular pestilance control in place to combat and minimise the mosquitoes and insects around the premises.

We thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter. Regarding your refund, I will check on the cause of the delay and expedite the payment if it is still pending.

Should you be planning another trip to Chennai, please do contact me directly and I will assist you with your accommodation needs. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Roger Brantsma
(roger.brantsma@hilton.com / +91-44 2225 5555)
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel, rooms are very nice, resturants are great and the outside bar areas especially the roof top one with the swimming pool is great. fitness centre could be bigger but not a problem.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Martin W
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Martin W,

It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Chennai.

Thank you for your kind feedback on our rooms, restaurants and rooftop bar. We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Chennai.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 2 March 2012

we stayed for 3 days in jan and later in feb for another 10 days in this hotel. towards the end of the stay we had a health emergency and the support and service of the staff day and night was outstanding.
all in all this hotel was an excellent one. the friendliness and service of staff was exeptionally good. the breakfast buffet outstanding. food at vasco's and qbar was great, the cooks in the qbar produced marvels out of the tandoor.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ramkerala
Dear ramkerala,

We very much appreciate you sharing your experience at Hilton Chennai. We are indeed very pleased that everything worked out well after your health emergency.

Thank you for your compliments to the team and their hospitality. It is a pleasure knowing that you felt well looked after throughout your stay. We also appreciate your comments on our breakfast buffet, Vasco's and QBar. Our chefs are delighted that you enjoyed their tandoor offerings!

We hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was reluctant to write a rave review last time for fear of word getting out, nevertheless less I gave it a great write up. Low and behold it is now a busy hub for business and tourism.

Standards have not yet dropped, if anything they are higher with a new chef on board and the new restaurant open the choice is even better than before.

Rooms are excellent, big, quiet, fab beds and all mod cons
Only criticism would be the pay to use wifi vs free but it is not a high fee.

Wel, done keep up the good work

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet but you miss out on the fab views of the hustle and bustle...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear 2010Globalcitizen,

Thank you for reviewing us again, we are indeed most delighted that you enjoyed your stay just as you did last July!

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on the hotel. It is a real pleasure knowing that you feel our standards have been consistent and further enhanced by our restaurant Ayna and new chef. Thank you very much for this compliment.

We hope to see you back here again in the near future.