“Roof top Lounge- Q Bar”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #9 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Roof top Lounge- Q Bar”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Strangely the name of the Lounge was not present in the exisiting set of places. Its a roof top lounge, ideally for close friends and family to socialise. The music is apt, neither loud, nor low and provides enough audibility to converse.

The view from the top is spectacular and most importantly smokers like me, need not find a place to smoke.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Indradeep R
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Indradeep R,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Q Bar, our rooftop bar at Hilton Chennai.

We are delighted that you enjoyed Q Bar's ambience and music, and
hope to see you regularly.

Roger Brantsma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Very conviniently located, Brand new property, brilliant rooms, really good price and good buffet and a la carte food too. Not to forget the brilliant service.

I usually stay here on business and would never stay anywhere else in chennai.

Highy recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Vinnie_dmb
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Vinnie_dmb,

Thank you for recommending Hilton Chennai and for making us your preferred hotel.

We are very pleased that you are happy with our rooms, food and especially our service. We truly appreciate your compliments!

We hope that you continue to enjoy staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I went to their restaurant with a guest who stayed there in march 1. It was good and I would definitely recommend this. I am yet to experience their hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Not yet. Yet to experience
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MOOSAINDIA
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear MOOSAINDIA,

Thank you for your kind feedback on our restaurant, we are delighted that your brief experience with us left you with a positive impression.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you will stay with us in the near future.

Israel
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I travel for business and spend a lot of time in hotels, this is the first time I have taken the time to write a negative review.

After my first stay I felt that this was the best option for a business traveler in Chennai. All changed after my last visit. I stayed in room 520. When entering the room there was a strong smell of mildew / mold. My colleague, a physician, came to my room and said CHANGE THIS ROOM. As it was late I stupidly did not listen and woke up with a sore throat. The following morning there were mosquitoes in the lobby. In the evening sitting on the room there were also mosquitoes. I again made the mistake of staying in the same room (I blame myself for not leaving). When I turned off the air con the smell decreased. My colleague told me he had the smell of cigarette smoke from his vent system!

The following day I was ill, and left for Mumbai. By Thursday I had a 39 degree plus fever and a severe infection. I was put on a cocktail of drugs and sent home.

Several items of clothing that were hung in the hotel were in a plastic bag for the laundry and my family physician suggested I send them to a lab. When I sent an email to the hotel the response was that they check their air system regularly and all is OK. They said they would refund one night rate as a gesture.

This is not a responsible response from the HILTON. There was an absolute issue with the ventilation system and mold. FYI never got the credit to my account not that it matters.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank sharona1707
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear sharona1707,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us.

I am aware that we have communicated with you following your stay. I have personally looked into this matter with my team and found that the unfortunate issues encountered in your room were the result of nearby leakages. Rest assured my team have done their utmost to rectify this. The hotel, in fact, has a hygiene lab to carry out checks on all our raw food ingredients, water and air quality. Our in-house microbiologist performed a comprehensive test on Room 520 and the results were clear of any bacterial agents.

You may also wish to know that our team from the Engineering department adhere to established and stringent regular checks of all our air conditioning units to ensure that not only do they function well, but that the air quality meets all health and safety standards. With regards to the mosquitoes, which is a prevalent problem in Chennai, we have regular pestilance control in place to combat and minimise the mosquitoes and insects around the premises.

We thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter. Regarding your refund, I will check on the cause of the delay and expedite the payment if it is still pending.

Should you be planning another trip to Chennai, please do contact me directly and I will assist you with your accommodation needs. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Roger Brantsma
(roger.brantsma@hilton.com / +91-44 2225 5555)
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel, rooms are very nice, resturants are great and the outside bar areas especially the roof top one with the swimming pool is great. fitness centre could be bigger but not a problem.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Martin W
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Martin W,

It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Chennai.

Thank you for your kind feedback on our rooms, restaurants and rooftop bar. We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Chennai.