“Good location for work visit”

Hyatt Regency Chennai
Ranked #26 of 414 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I stayed here in September 2017 for a work visit. The hotel is one of those places that in photos looks amazing but in reality is maybe a tad rough around the edges - having said that probably more luxurious than alot of places i have stayed in the past! :-) The staff are very attentive, in fact probably too attentive as i tend to like to just do things for myself, i know alot of guests staying there would expect people to do everything for them though! Room was very big and well-equipt with a great view over city - it was a shame that it was all air conditioned and there was no way to open any windows to let some fresh (well as fresh as you can get in Chennai!) air in as everything ended up feeling a bit damp and musty. Food at breakfast was very nice - i particularly enjoyed the waffles and pancakes and also had some very nice meals in Foccachia and Spice Haat. The pool was really nice and i enjoyed watching the bats and dragonflies flying around everywhere. I did have a bit of an issue with noise in the hotel - on the Friday and Saturday night the bar downstairs played quite loud (and rubbish) music until about 2.30am - bearing in mind all the rooms are set on 10 floors round a marble central atrium you can imagine this ends up being pretty noisy, then another night i got woken up at 4.30am by someone moving furniture around and hoovering in the room above me! I appreciate staff have duties to carry out but does it really have to be quite so early or late - depending on which way you look at it! One other quite random thing we noticed is the card about changing bedding and towels was different in rooms! I always put mine on the bed saying not to change as I think there is absolutely no need to change them that often and is just a waste of water and energy whereas card in my colleagues room said to put on bed if you wanted it changed! The poor room attendants must get so confused! i think that definitely needs to be changed to avoid confusion and unnecessary washing of sheets and bedding.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HyattRegencyChenn, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hyatt Regency Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your patronage and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. The instances as described by you have indeed received our fullest attention. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate inconvenience you have experienced during your stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team I would like to extend my genuine apologies for the discomfort and disturbance caused as this should not have happened to you at all. I cannot agree with you more that the situation was unacceptable and please rest assured that we have taken all the required measures to ensure that this would not repeat in future.

Once again I would like to send my appreciation for sharing your comments and if you grant us with another visit, we would be privileged to ensure your flawless experience at Hyatt Regency Chennai.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Chennai in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was actually disappointed in my check in process. I was early and was told to wait for 30 mins which i waited for 75 mins. The staff was poker face and neither was customer centric. But besides this incident, they were staff at the counter, Kaushik, whom was very much customer centric and eager to please and made me feel very comfortable in the check out and transportation process. Room is comfortable. Area of the hotel was surrounded by construction was might not be a place to hang around.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HyattRegencyChenn, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hyatt Regency Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

We were disappointed to know that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. The comments you have mentioned are definitely important for us to know and we are looking into this immediately. Please let us know whenever you are visiting us next. We will make sure we provide you a seamless service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hyatt Regency Chennai.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this on behalf of my dad. On a conversation today, 21 September, he told that when he was using the toilet a light fitting dropped from the ceiling on his back, this could have been worse and is totally unacceptable for a brand like hyatt. So just leaving a word out there to be careful when staying at this property.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. The instances as described by you have indeed received our fullest attention. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate inconvenience your father experienced during his stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team I would like to extend my genuine apologies for the discomfort and disturbance caused as this should not have happened. Please rest assured that we have taken all the required measures to ensure that this would not repeat in future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

- Value for Money - Excellent Hospitality - Well maintained rooms - Service oriented - Customer centric and satisfaction - Recommended - Create memories Overall, I am very happy with the services rendered by the staff. Starting from pick-up to reception to the room service, all were really good and made me feel special.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review. It is always very nice to know how our guest's stay was and how they felt while with us. I hope you can come back anytime soon and enjoy a few more days in our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017