“The room need maintenance, doors were not gettin locked, as...”

Ramada Chennai Egmore
Ranked #32 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 22 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaChennaiGM, General Manager at Ramada Chennai Egmore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Had booked a room thru booking.com with a clear preference for single king size bed. Day before check in got a call from hotel asking probable time of check in. When I said 10 I was told there will be extra charge for early check in. I told it doesn't matter I will just check in and drop my bag don't need to use room again she told there were will be extra charge. If such is the case wonder why they call and ask. From what I have seen normally hotels are ok to give room early if there is one available and nobody charges for early check in though it may be for late check out. The same dialogue was repeated when I went to drop my bag so finally I checked in only in the evening , however got twin beds. Another unpleasant experience was when the next day I had three male colleagues visiting and I had to call them to my room before we left for meetings. I was told they don't encourage meetings (????) and they can allow one person at a time. However when I checked out I was given a feedback form wherein my feedback was not good. So the lady at the reception came over to talk to me and subsequently without any request from my side the manager also met me and apologised. So this was really nice that they valued feedback

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
RamadaChennaiGM, General Manager at Ramada Chennai Egmore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings !!

On behalf of our entire staff at Ramada Chennai Egmore , we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel.

We sincerely regret your displeasure with the stay experience. What happened was an isolated incident and we are very sorry that it affected your stay experience with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.

I have personally reviewed your feedback and have briefed the Front Office team to avoid such occurrences in future, also to make note of the preferences by the guests

Your valuable feedback is treasured and taken most seriously, and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that on your next visit to our property; we can exceed your expectations. We assure you that our guest is of prime importance to us and we would leave no stone unturned to make your stay comfortable with us in future.

We look forward to hosting you again at Ramada Chennai Egmore in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2017

There were few annoying things in that hotel: all day phone ringing (dont know from where); rooms had high humidity level (towels have never dried and shoes felt sticky). But, breakfast was good, roof-top restaurant was good, good service on reception.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Kalra,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write the valuable feedback.

On behalf of the entire team at Ramada Chennai Egmore. we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We have addressed the same with the Housekeeping team regarding the towels and Sticky floors, I would like to assure you that we are working diligently to ensure that similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Your compliments on our Buffet Breakfast, Rooptop Restaurant and Reception have been shared with the concerned team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I had a bad experience. Though this is not a great line to start with but that’s how I felt. There were two occasions where I felt really pissed off..
The hotel has a spa and I thought of availing it. The prices were expensive when compared to other 5star hotel Spas at Chennai. I simply asked if they provided any discounts to resident guests and I was answered very rudely as if they were doing some favor. And I just walked off.
The rooms had 2 bottles of 500 ml water in total, I called the house keeping for an additional bottle and I was told that it is chargeable and they cant give even one bottle complementary. That how it is..The saving grace was their staff at the restaurant.
The pool is very small but the rooms are well kept.
For sure I Won’t stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
RamadaChennaiGM, General Manager at Ramada Chennai Egmore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to post a review of us on TripAdvisor. we would like thank you for choosing and staying with us and accept our apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay.
Let me assure you that the feedback will be given the seriousness it deserves and efforts to remedy the same will be taken up in all earnest.
It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Service is Prompt but Rooms - especially toilets are not up to the mark. Housekeeping is also terrible as they generally forget to put towels and only One Towel is provided. Hand Towels are generally missing.

Location wise also its a bit recluse as you cant find good restaurants or bars in vicinity- neither are shopping options available.

Mosquitoes is also a big challenge and you find a staff just engaged in removing mosquitoes from the lobby.

Breakfast buffet is good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business