“Good stay”

The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata
Ranked #1 of 251 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very nice to stay here and all staff are co-operative. And Breakfast and dinner treatment was awesome. I have felt here very nice . Room service is also good. This my business trip and next time I would come here with my family we would be fully enjoyed here .

Thank

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Rodney G, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Namaskar !

I take this opportunity of thanking you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for you just concluded stay and making us your preferred choice in The City Of Joy. We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to share this wonderful experience on this renowned podium.

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you, Please do write in to me at (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and would personally ensure another remarkable stay experience.

Best Regards – Rodney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,389)

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

On my way to Bhutan for my Honeymoon, I chose The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata for Transit Stay and the moment I entered; this legendary Hotel exceeded my Expectations. From an Early Check-In, to an upgraded Room and a sweet surprise of a Complimentary Pastry & a Bouquet of Flowers; it all made my stay quite amazing. Ms. Soma at the Reception was very sweet and welcoming and I’d like to end my review by saying that it’s a shame I only got to stay here for a night but I’ll be back soon for a longer stay and try to experience a lot more in this Vibrant City.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Rodney G, Front Office Manager at The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Namaskar !

We at The Lalit Great Eastern are Indeed Grateful for your just concluded stay and for being bestowed with the opportunity of being at your service. We are thankful for your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor and your most wonderful words of appreciation for the very amazing "Soma".

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to @ (grodney@thelalit.com) should your travel bring you back to this beautiful part of India , it would indeed be a pleasure crafting out another tailor made experience just for you.

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 16 December 2017

My experience with Lalit is not so luxurious in any of their properties but this is not applicable in kolkata. Based on reviews I decided to book this one and i was simply pleased. I was initially angry as the front manager who assisted me asked to pay for early check in or wait for 2hours. i chose to wait but then I suppose their duty was changed and I again requested the other front desk manager, she asked me to wait for a while and requested me to fresh n up meanwhile and also offered tea/coffee which completely changed my perception of this property from a typical Lalit hotel to an exceptional hotel.
Pros:
Rooms are large with good space
Location is main Kolkata (near to bada bazar,etc.)
Staff is exceptionally good
Service is also very good (especially follow up)
Restaurant food(dinner) is very good but staff and service makes it more loveable.

Cons:
Early check in a real hassle here.
Front desk still needs to be trained.
Breakfast is at a restaurant next to hotel which was strange.

All in all a good experience, a must stay, especially due to the services I have experienced here are experienced only in Oberoi properties.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Mr. Gupta,

Namaskar !

It is indeed a pleasure to learn of your great stay experience and i would like to thank you on behalf of my entire team for your kind words of appreciation and for making us your preferred choice. We truly value your precious time to review us on trip-advisor and your most kind words of encouragement .

We truly appreciate your understanding as life is all about giving another chance and what better could we have asked for than turning around your experience and winning you back.

We look forward to your home coming and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and will ensure another superlative stay experience.

Best Regards - Rodney

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

It was an amazing short stay at Lalit.Me and my best friend had the best experience,starting from the warm welcome to the hotel to their hospitality which really was very overwhelming.Definitely coming back here again.........

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Namaskar !

I take this opportunity of thanking you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for you just concluded stay and making us your preferred choice in The City Of Joy. We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to review us on this renowned platform .

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit in the Lalit Kolkata. Everything was superb. Staffs are very well trained and cooperative. Rooms are good and spacious too. Breakfast also very very nice.. Strongly recommended..

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Namaskar !

I would like to begin by thanking you on behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Great Eastern for your most recent stay and the opportunity of serving. We sincerely appreciate your valuable time to share this wonderful experience and your most generous words of appreciation on this global podium.

We look forward to your next visit and the joy of serving you. Please do write in to me (grodney@thelalit.com) should you be planning your next visit and would ensure to carve out a another great stay for you.