Saroj Deep
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kolkata (Calcutta)
See available hotels
Executive Point(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
Sharani Lodge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
Residency Guest House(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Restaurant
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
OYO 7186 Hotel South Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Bliss Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
OYO 9125 Casa Broadway(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Mrinalini Lodge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
OYO 1015 Hotel Reliable Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
  • Breakfast included
Park Palace Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 January 2016

We love to stay at Saroj Deep for last 30 years or so. We feel Saroj Deep is an excellent place to stay till now. I have seen Mr. Nirmal's latest review and I strongly contradict it. Curiously to know why after long 10 years stay now they have adverse opinion and enquired the cause. Learnt from Saroj Deep – “Every time, they want the very best room and want to pay the minimum against assurance to send regular guests but unfortunately not sent a single one for last 10 years. In last occasion also they have paid a very meagre amount. They also expect complimentary breakfasts. With such nominal payment their expectation is too high. So, services were withdrawn to them and were asked to check-out as early as possible” So, Pals’ such review is not fare and very much misguiding to others.--- S.D. Ghosh & family.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe and deluxe rooms are very spacious. The establishment is very safe and clean.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sd g
Reviewed 2 January 2016

In the past ten years we stayed here whenever we visited Kolkata. But the services have deteriorated to such an extent that we checked out and had to move into a hotel at an unplanned and extra cost. To start with no breakfast was available as they gave no staff. Then there was no hot water for taking shower or bath. The owner removed the hot/cold water knobs, and you have accept the premix water, which was tepid as best.
Yes, the location is great and they will get some clients, who are willing to accept such awful customer service. Surely not us again!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nirmal639
Reviewed 24 October 2015

we stayed at Saroj Deep guest house from 11th to 18 th Oct.2015.We had a very pleasant experience .Firstly the owners Mr.Banerjee is very warm and helpful senior citizen . The location is so central and close to Gariahat shopping, best restaurants and various amenities yet tucked inside so that the guest house remains calm and noise and pollution free.
The facility is very well maintained and clean, with wi fi connection ,common dining room and sitting hall etc.The price is attractive and true value for money.We will recommend to friends and relatives and will stay here again next time.

Room Tip: close to Garihat Junction , off Rashbehari Avenue
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank prabhat m
Reviewed 10 January 2015

I stayed at the guest house from 30th December 2014 to 5th January 2015 along with my daughter. What made my stay very comfortable, safe and, as it turns out, a very cherished one was the presence of the family on the premises and especially the head and owner of the place--Mr. Banerjee. I felt at ease immediately as I noticed the respect given to family ancestors and the fragrance of incense wafting from Mrs. Banerjee's Puja room. The room that I had occupied was on the first floor. it was clean, spacious and well furnished with an attached, very tidy bathroom. The balcony was a delightful place where one could enjoy the mornings and evenings at a leisurely pace. Room service consisted only of morning tea and breakfast, but the microwave in the lobby adjoining our room supplied us our daily dose of green tea. Of course, one can plan better by taking along sachets of sugar and creamer as well. it must be added that the staff is exceptionally well trained and courteous. The central location was a boon and we could explore a lot many places on foot. Everything of daily requirement is available within a radius of half a kilometer.
At a personal level, our interaction with Mr. Banerjee and his daughter was delightful. Mr. Banerjee's advice and initiative helped us to see much more of Kolkata than we had originally planned. All in all, a memorable stay!

Room Tip: super deluxe room on the first floor is airy, well-lit, safe with a lot of privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank mridula2015
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been staying at the Saroj Deep during my occasional Kolkata visits (after I left Kolkata 12 years ago) and also have been referring Saroj Deep to many of my friends and colleagues for their comfortable stay at Kolkata over these years. My experience always at the Saroj Deep has been excellent and I would recommend Saroj Deep all peace loving and perfectionist families for their comfortable stay at Kolkata. Whether it is personal or business visit, no doubt, guests will have an outstanding experience in Saroj Deep with respect to hospitality, cleanliness, location advantages, homely atmosphere as well as value for money !!

Arvind B Nair