Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$83
US$71
Agoda.com
The Peerless Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$96
US$41
Sapphire Suites(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Jameson Inn Shiraz(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$58
US$48
Priceline
Hotel Eastern Plaza(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$28
US$25
Pipal Tree Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$58
Ethnotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$51
US$48
Agoda.com
The Hotel Avisha(Kolkata (Calcutta))(Great Value!)
US$24
The Lalit Great Eastern Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$169
US$116
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsheritage propertykebabno liftvictoria memorialheritage stylethumping musicthe heart of the cityold agethe staff were extremely helpfulbritish eralounge barpark street areaold world charmdecent spreadcamac streetbig roommodern amenities
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We spend 4 nights at the Astor and found it a very pleasant experience. Our room (201)(which was described as a suite, but was not actually one was nevertheless large and charmingly furnished, with a four-poster bed, and on the second floor, it away from the noise of the nightclub so very quiet. The guest amenities were fine, the WIFI was strong and the hotel was very generous with the complimentary bottled water placed in the room every day. The breakfast was more than adequate for our needs with a reasonable array of foods and a live egg station. The staff, both front office and security, were extremely friendly and courteous. At such a central location and at this price, we would definitely like to stay here again.
A couple of caveats: as this is a heritage building, the ceilings are very high so climbing two floors up (there's no lift) might be difficult for some. Also, as there is no porch, and very little parking space, we often found we had to stand on the road outside to meet the car we had hired -- not desirable in the rainy season.

Room Tip: If you can climb two steep staircases, the second floor is the quietest, furthest from the nightclub
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 588Bunny22
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

It is most kind of you to share your experience and Thank you for taking out time to write this review.
It was also nice to know that you had a very pleasant and comfortable stay.
I am indeed happy that my team lived up to your expectations and that you had enjoyed the hospitality and services provided by my team.

At all times it is our constant effort to deliver the desired service, quality and expectations as you deserve being a discerning traveller.
I am really sorry for the inconveniences caused due to car parking area as such and you did face a problem for waiting for a car outside our property.
Personalised and dedicated care for our guest is one of our "Exceptional Service Brand Credo" for Archer Hospitality and we are real fortunate to have a lovely ladies and gentlemen who always tries to exceed guest expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Astor, and we promise to make your stay meaningful and memorable every time.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here during 1st week of December 2017,I must stay this was truly amazing stay for me.Service was excellent, breakfast service is complementary with variety of sumptuous and excepyional foods.

Hotel is located at prime location of Kolkata with forum mall,Victoria museum,Netaji house,Metro mall,Park streel,Haldiram ,Metro srop ,US Consulate at walking distances.

They are doing great job and I would be visiting this hotel during any of my future stay at Kolkata.

Lastly, I must all mention amazing help by the lady at reception(my bad forgot her nane) when I lost my phone in Uber cab,she was so helpful and cooperated with me to track down my phone and. Getting it in my hand.

I felt like hotel staff are like family my 6 stars to all of them.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shyam R

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Stayed the Astor Hotel in November 2017. Loved the place. It is an old heritage bungalow done up really well. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The bar, Deck 88 was really nice. We had a very pleasant evening there.The breakfast was good too.
The location of the hotel is just perfect. Park street with all the restaurants, bars and shopping is waking distance. Victoria Memorial is just a few minutes by walk.
In short, we had a very comfortable stay at The Astor.
A word about Mr. Pintu, the manager. He was warm and friendly and went out of his way to be help us out.Thank you .

Room Tip: Being a heritage property, there is no lift. And the rooms on the 2nd floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

It was also nice to know that you had a very pleasant and comfortable stay.

Thank you again for a special mention of Pintu Mondal my Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This is a three star hotel but looking to upgrade to four star. Our room was beautiful, large with a four poster bed, couch and sitting chair, plus desk. The room was well equipped, clean and had a modern bathroom. There is no lift so be prepared to walk up a couple of flights of steps but it is only 3 levels. Breakfast was included and was more than adequate. Staff were very helpful and laundry and services very reasonable compared to other hotels. The hotel is close to Park Street which has lots of great restaurants and shopping and an easy walk to the Victoria Memorial and Maiden. Taxis easily available. Free internet that work well the whole time we were there (5 days).

Stayed: November 2017

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights as part of a group at the start of our architectural of Northern India. We had a standard room on the second floor which we found quite small and dark - no window in bedroom. Only space for one case and wardrobe was in the bathroom. Although two in the room only provided one hand towel and one set of sleepers.
Breakfast buffet adequate and had a nice meal in the restaurant one evening. Also tried the outside bar, where area was pleasant but service particularly slow.
Some friends were in rooms at front of hotel and complained of intrusive noise well into the night, but the hotel did relocate them.
We were travelling by coach and there was no adequate drop off space outside.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
GM-Astor, General Manager at The Astor Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Greetings from the Sweetest part of Bengal !

It is disheartening to read about your experience with the noise of our Night club.Your concern has already been raised with my team. We do deeply regret the inconvenience
caused. We truly understand your views and have taken cognizance of the same.

We look forward to serving you again, do write to me at gm@astorkolkata.com