All reviews home away from home full size fridge bedroom suite small pool living area longer stay panama city rooms are spacious excellent customer service place to stay extra towels business trip third floor other hotels the young lady the entire staff staff was friendly
Reviewed 8 April 2015

Great location in Dothan - near shopping, great restaurants and major roads. Front desk staff is very friendly but they seem to have undergone an ownership change because there is no dinner anymore to speak of, breakfast is very average and the furniture in the rooms I stayed in are in need of updating or replacing. The hotel could use a refresh to a more modern Residence Inn which would help them compete better in the area.

Room Tip: I like the first floor and didn't have any noise issues
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank glmayo38
ridothan, General Manager at Residence Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay.

While we have had a recent change in GMs, Marriott has changed its meal venue to what is now called the RiMix. It requires Residence to change up the location (more in the tv area) and provide wine and beer with a light food selection. Generally it is appetizers on monday and tuesday and desserts on wed. You will find all Residence inns transitioning to the same.

While the food selections have changed, we have been tickled to see guest interacting more with each other - which is the key reason for the change.

I am also happy to share that we are slated for a remodel very soon, which will address some of the other issues mentioned.

I will be certain to share your kind comments regarding the front desk staff with the entire team.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

This place was great! We stayed Valentine's Day weekend for a mini vaca with our three girls. Our room was wonderful! Everything was nice and clean and there was plenty of room for all five of us. It had a kitchen as well, which was great because we could make our lunch or dinner there to save a few bucks. Breakfast was not bad. They offered eggs, toast, cereal, juices, milk, coffee, fruits, various pastries, and waffles. The rate was great too! I highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in the Dothan area.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
ridothan, General Manager at Residence Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write in such awesome comments regarding your recent stay! I will be certain to share them with the staff during our daily Huddle tomorrow morning!

Please let us know if we ever fall short of your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

Our family stayed in 3 rooms over the weekend. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast had hot and cold choices with a few slightly different options each day. It was plentiful and satisfying. I found the Fitness Center with several machines I n good working order though I only used the exercise bike. I accidentally left some clothes in my room but they were recovered and I've been assured they'll be sent my way thanks to Tiffany (Manager). Everyone was very friendly and helpful during our stay. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2015
ridothan, General Manager at Residence Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to foward such kind words regarding your stay. I will be certain to share them with the staff.

The items you left behind were mailed out Wednsday, you should be seeing them soon.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2015

We stayed here again on our way south and had the best sleep in weeks!! This hotel is so clean and comfortable and we had the bonus of the Managers reception the night we stayed so we had free food and drink, perfect after a long drive and ready to relax in the room. The room was very quiet even though it was right by the stairs. My only comment would be they need to replace the desk chair as looking a little tattered. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: We have slept both on the ground floor and the second and no problems with either.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
ridothan, General Manager at Residence Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. I will be certain to share them with the staff.

Thnk you for the "heads up" on the desk chair. I am having 10 delivered soon and will switch that one out upon their arrival.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2014

Currently staying here and I'm highly impressed with this hotel. Staff is extremely friendly, good mornings abound from every staff I encountered this morning. Breakfast was a spread of eggs, cheese grits, hash, and potatoes, as well as the continental breakfast fixings. Rooms are impeccably clean. We only stay at Marriotts, and this is without one of the best I've ever been to.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
ridothan, General Manager at Residence Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2014

Thank you for sharing such kind words regarding your current stay!

I will be certain to share them with the staff.

Hope you and yours will have a Safe and Happy Holiday season.