All reviewsstayed herefront desksausagerestful staywafflesclose to the airportthe room was niceprice was reasonablehot breakfastsized bedhotel is in a great locationnight stayair conditioneralabamaorlandohousekeepingpillows
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Arrived late evening, sometime between 9pm and 11pm.

From the Sleep Inn parking lot, my wife made reservations via ChoiceHotels.com via her phone browser. Once she got her confirmation number on her phone browser, she handed it to me and I walked 30 feet into the front-desk and the clerk said the reservation was in the system. I know 3rd party websites can have delays, but since ChoiceHotels.com is part of the 'parent' company or something, I was glad to see how fast it got there (30 seconds, amazing. Probably not the norm.)

The most obvious downsides of this hotel were the strong smells of paint (newly painted hallway), warm air in the hallways, and new vinyl smell in the bathroom. Once we got to our room, the paint smell wasn't present. I turned on the AC and the bathroom fan for a bit and didn't notice the vinyl flooring smell (looked like new bathroom floor vinyl had been installed recently).

Also, the ceiling above the showerhead had about a narrow twelve inch spot where the humidity (bathroom shower, right?) seems to have affect the painted and it was peeling. The rest of the room and sleeping quarters were fine.

Admittedly, the desk clerk said it was a slow night, so maybe there are rooms in worse condition, but from what I saw, they're working to bring the lodging quality up with their painting and flooring improvements.

Our family liked the standard breakfast. Coffee, OJ, pastries, cereal, self-pour waffles, link sausage and eggs, biscuits, etc.

We'd stay here again, but would likely call ahead to ask them to turn the AC on in the room.

Also, I think there is a pool (sign in bathroom said something about pool towls available at front desk, if i remember correctly), but we didn't tell the kids about it so we could maintain our schedule.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is a nice modern property just in the process of being upgraded. It is right along the main highway near a large shopping center with good restaurants and gas stations. Breakfast if well-stocked and good. Rooms are nice and well-done. Although approaching from the north requires a little fancy dance to U-turn, it is well worth staying here.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I’ve stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dothan many times, but I haven’t stayed here in almost a year since the new Comfort Inn and Suites came to town about that same time. Well I stayed again here just to see if things were still good as most of my prior experiences at this hotel were good and to cash in on a promotion they are having right now with staying at multiple properties. As I arrived I first noticed the hotel was under renovations as there was tile and carpet material outside near the main entry which was a good sign that the owner cares about his property and keeping it looking good. I went into the lobby and checked in fairly quickly (just a couple minutes), but I had to remind the desk clerk I was a Choice Privileges Member and ask if they still gave a bottle of water and a snack which she didn’t offer until after I got my key and then reminded her. These things are small, but important to everyday travelers like me who enjoy the small perks that come with the higher membership levels to make us feel important for our loyalty towards the brands. Anyways I went on to my room where some construction was still going on after 7:30pm on my floor at night which I thought odd. Also the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke and wasn’t as cool as one recent reviewer mentioned. What is even worse is when I went into my room the AC wasn’t on and it was HOT! But thankfully the cigarette smoke wasn’t in the room. So I turned the AC to MAX and moved the window curtain to the closed position and a live roach fell out of the curtain.(see pic for evidence). It quickly was killed and thankfully didn’t see another insect afterwards. I didn’t bring these issues to the hotel clerk because they were tolerable for the one night stay and when booking it said I got the last available room in the type of room I paid for and I’m not one to cause a scene. The other issues found in the room were the bathroom had a bad odor. It smells like dirty socks or an old gym bag or something like that. I carry a UV flashlight with me and saw the bathroom to be mostly clean other than the shower floor and along the toilet and ceiling. The toilet had something growing or stuck to it in the bowl (see pic) and there was some mold growing in the corners of the bathroom ceiling. (Again, see pic) Lastly the TV quality wasn’t good. Not sure if it is the quality of TV in the rooms which was a 32” LCD CALYPSO or if was the connection. Hotels need to stay with technology and having HD TV’s and connections and be sure the internet is good with sufficient strong signals throughout the hotel (which was also spotty during my stay). Sorry to pick out all the negatives, but when you pay to stay at a hotel you expect things to be nice or at least decent and don’t expect issues. Now for the good: It is a more affordable option than other hotels in the area and maybe one of the better options in this price range. It is close to a lot of good restaurants and shopping as well. Would I stay here again, probably, but would not be my first choice. Tighten up on these issues, clean a little better, and check rooms and bathrooms for odor as well as work on getting TV’s and connections upgraded an you are on your way back where you need to be.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Firstly, I know after I post this review there will be a terrific lie saying this is a great hotel. Trust me, this hotel is disgusting!!!! It smells like mildew. And oh boy the carpet...the carpet. I REFUSED TO WALK ACROSS THE FLOOR WITH MY SOCKS ON let along my good shoes. Dear heavens I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN nor will I recommend this hotel to a human being ...not even a enemy. I kept itching not sure if there are bed bugs or bed lice but it was by far the nastiest hotel stay one can imagine. PLEASE DO NOT SUBJECT YOUR FAMILY TO THIS HOTEL! This is a true and honest review. Like I said I'm sure there will be a wonderful lie post about how great this hotel is and it NOT. Maybe for a trucker who really don't care about rashes and filth but not families with children in particular.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lovequeensny
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Alicia upgraded us to a suite since the accessible room had a tub and was therefore inaccessible to my husband. He had not been able to shower in 3 days and so this was much appreciated. The water pressure was the best in 6 nights of travel and the room was spacious. however, the bed was too soft. Breakfast was fine and the room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
SleepInnDothan, Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Dear Guest,