“Excellent service and intimate venue convenient in Downtown Fairhope.”
Review of Camellia Cafe

Camellia Cafe
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2017

The selection is varied and utilizes the best of seasonal and local ingredients. Good wine selection. The wait staff is friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. There is a nice bar for having a drink and appetizer or for a single traveler to enjoy dinner. I was able to sample many items from the menu and I really wanted it to be better than it was. I sampled a fried cheese small plate which included manchego and creative drizzle with Ouzo. The grilled shrimp small plate had a beautiful "tomatoey" chutney that was a great blend of spices and a "vinegary" drizzle, but the shrimp was over-salted and overpowered the plate. I am not a big fan of crab so as not to be biased, I won't comment on the crab cake. The lamb chops were cooked to the appropriate temperature for lamb but I was missing something, perhaps from the sauce which was more of a gravy. For dessert I had the butterscotch crème brulee which was good, perhaps needed a little more torch for that signature "crunch" into the top. Over all a very nice evening.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent here and the bartender, Tavvy, is the best. I had the scallops and creme brûlée. This cafe comes highly recommended.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Camellia Cafe is our favorite restaurant in Fairhope. The atmosphere is great. Wait staff is always very attentive. And the food is always excellent! I enjoyed the duck breast and my wife had the flat iron steak. We always try to visit Camellias any time we are in Fairhope.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I've tried to recreate this salad, but just can't seem to make it as good as Camellia Cafe! Maybe one of the best things I've ever eaten. This place is a must!

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Had been here at their soft opening and did not feel the food hit the mark. We were a party of eight and everone way impressed with the wonderful food, excellent staff and great service. It does get a little noisy but otherwise a great experience.

Been to Camellia Cafe? Share your experiences!