“Everything was incredibly delicious!!”
Review of Camellia Cafe

Camellia Cafe
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We had a party if four and ordered the crab cake appetizer and it was soooo good made with a lot of tasty crab. Three of us had the snow grouper special and one of us had the duck breast all of it was so good we all cleaned our plates. For dessert we had the cheesecake, lemon bars and bourbon pecan pie again nothing left it was an awesome meal it's not very often you go somewhere and thoroughly enjoy everything you eat. We will return again soon :)

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The food was superb. Great seafood preparation, had the gulf grouper. My fellow diner had the steak and it was also cooked to perfection. Wait staff was on point; not too "hovery", but checking in, refilling wine glasses,making dessert suggestions. I love this type of dinning. You can tell the owner's have developed a great team with chef and staff. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank ElsieB2
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Whenever possible to share a meal at Camelia, I am always reminded why it stays booked. The tomato salad and duck breast are my favorite things on the menu, but I have never had a bad meal there. They have changed the wine list and added some new and moderate price wines.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and atmosphere. You won't be disappointed. Great wine list too.
Chef and proprietor Ryan Glass is first class!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

The selection is varied and utilizes the best of seasonal and local ingredients. Good wine selection. The wait staff is friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. There is a nice bar for having a drink and appetizer or for a single traveler to enjoy dinner. I was able to sample many items from the menu and I really wanted it to be better than it was. I sampled a fried cheese small plate which included manchego and creative drizzle with Ouzo. The grilled shrimp small plate had a beautiful "tomatoey" chutney that was a great blend of spices and a "vinegary" drizzle, but the shrimp was over-salted and overpowered the plate. I am not a big fan of crab so as not to be biased, I won't comment on the crab cake. The lamb chops were cooked to the appropriate temperature for lamb but I was missing something, perhaps from the sauce which was more of a gravy. For dessert I had the butterscotch crème brulee which was good, perhaps needed a little more torch for that signature "crunch" into the top. Over all a very nice evening.

Been to Camellia Cafe? Share your experiences!