“Incredible sushi!”

Shanghai Cottage
Ranked #47 of 122 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

This unassuming place in the same shopping center as the Fairhope Publix, is not to be underestimated. They’ve been around for almost a decade and once you’ve dined here you’ll know why. The menu is very diverse for such a small place, including numerous chef special sushi rolls and many Chinese offerings if sushi isn’t your thing. I had the Jubilee roll and it was huge AND outstanding! My wife had egg rolls and fried rice and she raves about both as well! They have wine, beer and a fully stocked bar to boot. They are open all day starting at lunch through dinner except on Mondays. They are an excellent, economical option here in Fairhope and are locally owned and operated. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Tried to ordered a meal without onions and server assured me that what I ordered did not contain onions but it did. The fried rice was full of almost raw onion as well as the entree.No recourse but to pay and leave without finishing meal.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Usually super busy, last night was no exception. The servers were all hustling at top speed! Zach was our sever and he was very personable and knowledgeable about the menu. The Russian Revolution roll is awesome!
A visit here is a must! Also have great, inexpensive lunches!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

About average. The soups ate better than usual and the entrees are ok. The salad was.reasonably fresh and the rolls.good. I've had better but I've certainly had worse.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

So we were in town to participate in an art show for a long weekend and stumbled on this place late (end of service) on a Thursday night.
Not only were we warmly greeted but the service and the food were delightful!
Art shows are long hours and hard work and we ended up eating at this same restaurant 2 more times in the same weekend...
We are from the Chinese side of the menu, we ate from the sushi side of the menu and we even tried something called "Sushi pizza"... everything that we ordered was completely delicious and I recommend this place without reservation!

1  Thank TheMudPoet

Been to Shanghai Cottage? Share your experiences!