“Good Southern buffet”

Sara's Big R Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Florala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We've come here a few times through the years. Its always been a great lunch buffet. If you like Southern food...fried chicken pork chops, squash, Lima beans, fried okra...small salad and dessert bar...country cookin'

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The prices were outrageous in comparison to the amount/quality of food available. The salad bar was a joke. Everything was breaded, deep fried in lard and butter, or just plain out of the can. There were no baked options on any meats. There was no signs posted about prices and there was no hospitality in this place. The waitress ( sparingly saying this ) left a pitcher of tea on the table and brought me two waters. For two adults, one tea, one water, and a 1 year old to take a few bites, we paid close to 30.00. This was a one and done trip. Also, there was a sign posted for the world to see stating they were hiring and if you stayed on your phone or took smoke breaks often you need not apply. I'm southern. I'm country. I enjoy the simple things. This place was none of those. Nightmare.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

In years past I've visited Sara's on a number of occasions - - such a good location--then I had the misfortune to be seated where I had an unobstructed view of the kitchen. I have never been back despite the scarcity of places to experience home cooking in Florala. My experience may be different from yours, however. Still you might want to check out the kitchen before you sit down. You also might want to check things out, as I have, with an off-duty waitress. There's a Hardee's across the street just a short distance away.

1  Thank Martha S
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I have never in my life felt so uncomfortable in a small town diner. My wife and I were passing through and decided for something different so we chose this place. They had a small buffet but we chose something from the menu. Neither one of us were very hungry so we settled on the bacon cheeseburger with fries and a sweet tea and I ordered the large. The only thing large about my order was the fries. The burgers were the same size as well as the tea and there wasn't anything special about either of them. The menu had the regular for $6 and the large for $7. When we went to cash out the lady waiting on us told me to pay in the back in the kitchen. I had a $20 dollar bill in my hand which should have been more than enough and when she told me $28 dollars I almost fell out. When my wife inquired about it the woman started fussing and complaining about all the extra we got on our burger. What? Lettuce and tomato? Then she said the fries and tea wasn't included in the meal so that put me paying $7 for a burger and $7 dollars for fries and a tea. She then started talking about being sick and then started fussing at her employees while we were standing there. A bacon cheeseburger with fries and a sweet tea cost us $14 dollars each. My wife wanted to go back in there and get an itemized copy of our meal and what each item cost but I just told her I would rather go and never come back. The lady that waited on us was friendly but that was about as far as it went. CONSUMER BEWARE! Avoid this place at all cost or it will cost you!

4  Thank reb9999
Reviewed 9 March 2017

For a small town and a small restaurant, the lunch buffet here is very good. Good variety and "home cooked". Tea and all the "fixing". Just a good place to eat lunch.