New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Florence

Residence Inn Florence
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Florence
“one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I do quite a bit of traveling and tend to try to stay in places with two-room suites so that I can get a good night's sleep separate from my child so I selected Residence Inn for that reason. I also like a hot breakfast and they did not disappoint on either counts.
The hotel is new and the one bedroom suite was very spacious, full stainless steel kitchen (stove, micro, toaster, plates, silverware, cutting board, dishwasher, tupperware-well stocked!), two flat screen tv's (one in each room) and sizable area between the two with a big sink area and room to change or get ready etc..
The bed was super comfy, the place was quiet and the quality of furnishings was high. I slept very well, with the exception of Thursday night when the dumpster down below (i was up 4 floors, top floor) was emptied at 3 or 4 am. That was strange, but the rest of the experience was top notch.
I like a solid breakfast. They had tons of variety and it changed slightly each day as far as sausage vs bacon one day, home fries vs has browns etc..but always a meat, scrambled eggs and some kind of potatoes. Also, waffle maker, yogurt, pastries, breads, oatmeal (toppings for both oatmeal and yogurt) and juices/coffee/tea. It was just what I need in the morning. Certain nights of the week that have big, quality snacks downstairs (not talking about stale popcorn and pretzels-subtantial snacks) but we were too busy to experience them.
The staff were very friendly and gracious, no argument there. One day my room wasn't cleaned, despite being given a letter that stated if I took off my 'no thanks' room cleaning door tag by noon that it would be cleaned (we left at 1030 so plenty of time in my book) and when we got back we needed the room for my child to nap so I couldn't have had it cleaned that day-minor inconvenience, but next time I'll tell the front desk I am leaving and want the room cleaned.
I didn't check out the fitness room but they had a large outdoor pool and basketball court (half court) that was pretty cool. Also nice quality lounge chairs and a fire pit with chairs outdoors. And free, hassle-free wifi. I can't tell you how annoying it is when you go to a hotel and have to call up for the code to use the internet, it changes daily etc..this was fast and easy!
Incredible hotel, I will definitely stay there again. It is worth the extra 25-40 dollars in my book to stay here over another place. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel to come and visit family, what a wonderful place it turned out to be. The staff was more than accomadating, and the room was more then we thought it would be, in a great way, very spacious. The hot breakfast was nice and there was something there for anybody. We were told that they had a grill on site so I decided to cook my wife a "romantic" meal while we were there, it went great!!!! The only "bad" thing about the grill area is that was used very much and about starved us to death.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Loved our stay at the new Residence Inn in Florence. We used points for our stay and really liked the hotel. We usually try to stay at Marriott Residence Inn or new Courtyard by Marriott. I like to see in the trip advisor reviews if a hotel is new or not and I'll book accordingly. This is new within the last year and is very nice. Good breakfast and typical Residence Inn decor. Recommend this to "picky" travelers.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I have stayed here 3 times...all good. The hotel is new, the rooms are clean...but I wish they had real cream (half & half actually) for the coffee. Minor complaint...but IMO coffee mate and the like can ruin that first cup of coffee everyday.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We didn't know this was a new hotel when we booked and to be honest there weren't a lot of choices in the area. It was pleasantly surprising to find out that it was almost brand new and even more surprising to be met with such a great and friendly staff. We were not expecting the room / suite either. The room was very clean, well laid out, and pleasingly decorated. Not only was the staff great and friendly but the guests were too. We met a few folks that were staying there on long term, temporary job assignments and spent some time enjoying the cold weather outside next to the hotels gas fire pit. Even though we were in town for a family funeral the hotel really made us feel at home and we would definitely stay their when we visit in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple