Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$127
View deal
Expedia.comUS$127
Marriott HotelsUS$127
PricelineUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
Agoda.comUS$127
Orbitz.comUS$127
All reviews tennessee river swampers bar wilson dam live music pool area convention center beautiful hotel great pool florence area balcony shoals tower waterfall poolside bellman golf tva
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2021 via mobile

Very nice hotel. The pool is the main attraction. We had a great time for my daughter 15 birthday. She keeps asking to go back. Will definitely book when it's warm again. I wish they had had waiters at the pool.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2020

This was our first time to the Florence/Muscle Shoals area and staying here was exactly what we had expected plus more. The hotel was huge. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We had a gorgeous view from our balcony over looking the pool and the river. We also had an excellent breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, Swampers. We will be back!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank mnew4
Reviewed 23 September 2020 via mobile

This hotel is a hidden gem in Muscle Shoals - Florence area.

The amenities that this hotel has are worth the wee bit higher price than the other local hotels.

Swampers restaurant featuring live local musicians left me wanting to stay out all night long and whoop it up with the locos.

Business calls and I’m in my ultra plush room with a balcony overlooking what looks like a super fun resort style pool.

Check this one out, it’s worth the extra few bucks ($10 more than Courtyard) in the amenities alone.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 626richman
Reviewed 23 September 2020

I stayed at the Marriott Shoals while in Florence to surprise my father on his 85th birthday. I had stayed there before and was really impressed with the whole experience, but not this time. My room was comfortable and seemed to be what i expected until i laid down to go to sleep and felt something on my ear.After adjusting my pillow and falling asleep, I woke again with the same feeling. No biggie just did the same thing again. The next night as I was getting into bed, I looked down and saw a trail of ants leading from the nightstand to the sliding glass door and out. I slept in the other bed and when i checked out and told the receptionist she said she would inform the manager and they would get back to me.. No word until i called and asked bout the manager and was told they would credit my account 1000 points (to get me off the phone) and that was that. Never staying there again....

Date of stay: September 2020
Larry Bowser, General Manager at Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. Please accept our most sincere apology for the ant issue that you experienced and for the lack of empathy my staff demonstrated in resolving the issue. We take great pride in our service and have always ranked as one of the top Marriott's in North America in customer satisfaction. Though we would like everything to be perfect for every guest, I agree that it is how we handle things when they don't that is most important. We had an opportunity to show you how important you are as our guest and I'm very sorry that we didn't. I hope that you would reconsider being our guest again the next time that your travels bring you back to the Shoals.

Reviewed 1 September 2020

We revisited this resort because we like it so much and it didn't disappoint even in the Covid 19 era.

Visited in early June just as things were opening up again and the hotel was full for the weekend! All employees were wearing masks. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

So besides masks, what else is different? The hot tubs are closed and the indoor pool is limiting capacity. Unfortunately the menu in Swamper's Bar & Grill has a limited menu, but still enough to choose from. You will still find coffee in the rooms, but all books,hotel information and literature has been pulled from the room. Room service was upon request. That didn't bother us much as we were there for 2 nights only. At the time there were no restrictions on the elevators, although you could tell some guests wanted to ride alone.

Other than that the hotel is a full service resort, with a great pool with slide and waterfall, spa, meeting rooms, the Swampers Bar & Grill and 360 Grille revolving fine dining restaurant and bar with great views atop the tower. We were unable to get reservations at the restaurant. I'm sure it was because this was just the 2nd weekend the restaurant was open.

Our room was clean and all rooms have a nice balcony with a great view of the pool and Tennessee River and dam. We spent a fair amount of time just relaxing on the balcony.. There was a refrigerator in the room, a safe and really nice bathroom with walk in tiled shower.

Ate breakfast twice in Swamper's Bar & Grill and dinner the 1st night out on the patio.Social distancing was in place in the dining room. All meals were served hot and tasted great with friendly service. Enjoyed and would recommend the ham & cheddar omelette, crab soup, chicken quesadilla, baked pasta and cheesecake. Entertainment is available weekend evenings. My wife said her mandarin cosmopolitan was excellent.

The pool area did become crowded Saturday afternoon and some folks who are currently leery of crowds may not be comfortable. Lounge chairs were distanced and cleaned right away after someone left. The pool bar was open for business and served tasty frozen drinks as well as beer and wine.

All in all, despite the changes, it was a welcome getaway at a great spot and we can't wait to return when things get back to normal.

Date of stay: June 2020