“Great food and service.”
Review of City Grill - CLOSED

City Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stopped for lunch and it was excellent. There were four of us and we all had different selections. Everyone was pleasantly surprised by the taste of fresh herbs in all dishes. It has been added to our favorite list.

2 Thank cyork3202

Gardendale, Alabama
“One of Gulf Shores Best Kept Secrets !!”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The City Grill has wonderful service. The food is second to none. Their menu is diverse and offers items you can't find in most of the local restaurants. They offer lunch Mon-Fri
11am to 3pm. The dinner is spectacular. They always have a couple of specials. My favorite was the hand cut filet, served with rosemary new potatoes. It was melt in your mouth kind of good. I hope you will go see for yourself such how good teh City Grill is.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank cofecup21
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More like one word, TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My Mom and I were in Gulf Shores for vaca and I came on here and read the rave reviews, so we decided to try it, since it was rated the #2 restaurant in Gulf Shores. First of all, the sweet tea was horrible, next the salad was bitter and the dressing was horrible, so I kept thinking to myself, the filet we ordered is gonna be delicious! WRONG!!! They brought me a spoiled piece of meat, I told the waitress it was spoiled so she took it back and asked me if I wanted something else or another steak but I didn't, because my stomach was turned by this rotten piece of meat, after all that they charged me for my tea! I would NOT suggest this place to anyone!

1 Thank georgiagirlie777
Houma, Louisiana
“Great beer menu, sub par food”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We came here on a Saturday trying to avoid the 1 and 2 hour wait times, and came across this place over the internet. The website looked casual, busy, i liked the selection of beers, and on TripAdvisor, it had a few 5* reviews, so it was an easy choice, i was excited. Once we entered I was kinda shocked because my family was dressed down, and expecting a casual place, yet we encountered elegant table clothes, and wine glasses, and an empty restaurant. Great no wait and special attention to food at least It was what I was hoping for. the Chef was sitting at the bar doing paper work, he was there most of the time we ate here. We had the Spinach and artichoke dip as appetizer, it was different, looks like the chef is kinda creative. It was a healthy twist than your over processed cheese dip. I ordered a handcut broiled 16 oz ribeye steak; it was good, but my medium rare was fully rare, however it had a nice buttery garlic finish after each bite that made me go back for more. My wife had the Texas hamburger, which she said quote "needs to stay away from Texas, and practice on an Alabama burger." My son had chicken fingers and fries, the chicken i tried was tasty, but the chef must not have kids, because they put Cajun seasoning on child's french fries. most 5 year old's don't like spicy food and he didn't like it either. Last was the chocolate creme brulee, that is a must have dessert, very creamy and very sweet. i enjoyed the crispy sugar shell.

If was to ever come here again, i would come only for the beer.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Mr_G_82
Hartselle
“Great little spot!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My family and I were gonna go to another tourist spot but didn't want to wait hours to eat so I googled and found this spot. I had the seared scallops and it was excellent my husband had the steak burger also excellent. Glad we tried it will come again!

3 Thank Sweetbucket