“Vacation ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Referred to by a local. The staff was polite and our waiter, Eric, was nice, we did not feel rushed. Ordered raw oysters, seafood gumbo, and crab & corn bisque, it was all good. Some items did seem a bit high and the tables are a bit close, but we will be going back.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We got the oysters and the cup of soup seafood gumbo and she got the clam and corn bisque. The food was good and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying I don't write reviews ever unless I really feel people should know about a place.

We are visiting from out of town and decided to try King Neptune. Because we are from out of town we are eating out for fun and enjoying the fresh seafood. My wife and son ate off the lunch menu and I had the fried seafood platter and we had soda's and no appetizer. It was $83 before a tip. The food was greasy, my shrimp were butterflied and were tough which for $36 for the platter you would expect really good quality. If the prices were lower to match the quality I probably wouldn't be writing this review. Again I never write reviews I just don't visit again but in this case I'm letting you know. King Neptune is way overpriced and not nearly good enough to ever go back.

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My hubby had a delicious shrimp poboy and I had the soft shell crab sandwich. Very good! Service was quick. The prices were a little higher than other area restaurants, but that shouldn’t keep you away.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Three of us ate there Saturday evening and they were busy but no wait. The menu was new since we ate there before and the prices were much higher. $42 for a seafood platter in a cafe? I got the Cajun penne, wife got the Seafood Casserole, and son got the small seafood platter. The penne was very good, the casserole and the platter were just ok and is better at other places for less. The waiter was good and the food came in a reasonable time. The food is not worth the price so we won't be back.

Date of visit: August 2018