“Our 54th Anniversary became an unexpected dissappointment.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #70 of 172 Restaurants in Hoover
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Our first time in the new Outback Steakhouse in Hoover, Alabama was a disappointment. Over the years we've been pleased with the former location and used Outback Steakhouse for special occasions. The bread brought was warm but after our first bite we discovered it was burnt. Our salads and baked potatoes were fine. My wife had the sirloin but it was so tough that it was not eatable. Over the years I've always gone for their prime rib and that was my choice this time. Usually the prime rib I've had in the past at their previous location was tender and delicious. Not this time. This is my first time to be served a really tough prime rib absent any wood fire grilled flavor that I've grown accustom to expect at Outback. Usually when served at quality restaurants they give you an opportunity to express how the meal met our expectorations. It didn't happen on our special day out celebrating our 54th anniversary. After leaving Outback we decided to treat ourselves to a dish of ice cream to take our thoughts off the disappointment at Outback. We'll keep ourselves reminded of this and it'll not happen again at least not with Outback Steakhouse. In summary, the main entrée of your meal should not be the worst part of the meal.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This use to be one of my favorite steakhouses, however lately they have not been consistent with quality of food. Sometimes the steaks are seasoned and other times not. Knowing that I would get a steak with flavor is why I would go here.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I wrote an earlier review entitled "A Steakhouse with Trouble Cooking Steaks." The manager contacted me after my original review and later provided gift cards commensurate with the expense of my meal. I gave this Outback Steakhouse another try and I'm glad that I did. There were 4 adults in my party. Each order was cooked well. The wait staff was efficient. One of the managers stopped by the table to inquire if everything was satisfactory - and it was. Thank you, Outback Steakhouse, for caring about the quality of food served and about customer satisfaction. This meal was a complete success.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Had a very pleasant visit at outback, friendly service, very good food, would recommend stopping by for dinner

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Only on the chicken.we also ordered the baked chicken.we enjoyed our meal and atmosphere.we did have a long wait to get in .

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!