“Cheers!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #78 of 163 Restaurants in Hoover
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been going to the $10 Wednesday (all day) for a year now. You have a wonderful piece of steak, side, pint of beer/soft drink. Not only is that a good deal but the staff tending bar have not only remembered our orders and drink they have bought us all together, I have made new friends, enjoyed hearing whats going on in life with the bartenders and when someone is not there on a Wednesday they wonder where we are, You almost need a permission slip to be away which makes it my cheers.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first, and maybe last trip to this restaurant. We went to a surprise birthday party for my cousin. We had 23 in our party. We had one waitress taking our orders. She was nice but didn’t bring us extra lemon and a few other things we asked for. It took forever to get everybody’s food. A few people got there food when everybody else was through eating. My husband’s ribeye was delicious. My crab cakes were mediocre. The Mac and cheese bites weren’t good. The worse thing is they ran out of baked potatoes. How does that happen? They substituted with mashed potatoes which were cold! We were not impressed.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We feel terrible that we disappointed you.We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Hoover, AL". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The food was great and as expected from a visit to the Ourback. My mistake may have been sitting at the bar. I went on 2 separate nights. The first njght (Sunday) I had excellent service, the second night (Thursday) it was hit or miss the bartenders would seemingly forget that some of the patrons were there. The sad thing is that it was busier when I was there on Sunday so there really was no excuse for Thursday.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I usually like to go to a restaurant a few times before I will rate it. This was our third trip in last few months and each time has been about the same. The hostess on our Labor Day visit was less than thrilled to be there, she even forgot to get us silverware. She hardly acknowledged customers as they came in just did her business. We were halfway through our bloomin onion before we received silverware or napkins. Food was slow to arrive but I will say it was of good quality. We had to constantly ask for drink refills and we did not see our waiter very often. The restaurant seemed to be understaffed. There are plenty of other restaurants in this area that you can get better service for the price.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Hoover, AL". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Our first time in the new Outback Steakhouse in Hoover, Alabama was a disappointment. Over the years we've been pleased with the former location and used Outback Steakhouse for special occasions. The bread brought was warm but after our first bite we discovered it was burnt. Our salads and baked potatoes were fine. My wife had the sirloin but it was so tough that it was not eatable. Over the years I've always gone for their prime rib and that was my choice this time. Usually the prime rib I've had in the past at their previous location was tender and delicious. Not this time. This is my first time to be served a really tough prime rib absent any wood fire grilled flavor that I've grown accustom to expect at Outback. Usually when served at quality restaurants they give you an opportunity to express how the meal met our expectorations. It didn't happen on our special day out celebrating our 54th anniversary. After leaving Outback we decided to treat ourselves to a dish of ice cream to take our thoughts off the disappointment at Outback. We'll keep ourselves reminded of this and it'll not happen again at least not with Outback Steakhouse. In summary, the main entrée of your meal should not be the worst part of the meal.

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!