“One of the meals I've ever had”
Review of 1892 East

1892 East
Ranked #13 of 640 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A business dinner for four ended up being one of the greatest meals I've ever had. We all have fish specials, cooked and seasoned with care.
Tables were a little close together but not so close we couldn't have a conversation that wasn't overheard by the nearby diners.
We travel to Huntsville on a regular basis. We are adding this place to our rotation.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We had one of the best meals of our entire trip I had the Tenderloin and my wife had fish. There was nothing left on either plate

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Love that all the meals came with a mimosa. The griddle cakes with strawberries were great, the crispy French toast was perfection, the chicken fried chicken needed more seasoning but was good after we doctored it up a bit, and the Denver style frittata was delish.
I would lie to try their dinner menu since every thing served at brunch was great. My family enjoyed the atmosphere and the service.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

This is one of our very favorite restaurants in Huntsville and, judging from the crowds, many other people as well. Come early: plenty of seating available until about 6:30 when it fills up quickly. They accept and honor reservations (ask for a window table). Terrific variety of Alabam nouvelle cuisine selections on the menu prepared by a supremely gifted chef who delivers on evey one of them. The menu changes seasonally, but always features fresh local ingredients artfully combined to make a memorable meal and evenng. Excellent wait staff. Very reasonable prices.

1  Thank Joseph F
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I had never thought of this place for Brunch but I’m glad I took the chance on it. The same quality you get at lunch and dinner has been extended to Brunch.

I had the Country Fried Chicken with hash browns, eggs and something else that was delicious. I also sampled a more imaginative omelette that was different to my taste buds but still good.

Had a few mimosas and a local beer. The mimosas were around $2.

Price was very reasonable for the quality of food you get.

The only down side to this restaurant is the wait can be long. That’s not necessarily a bad thing it shows the restraint is popular. But add some extra time to your plan just in case there is a wait.