“I doubt the authenticity of european food”

Oriental Thai-European Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 447 Restaurants in Calangute
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I dont know why they choose this name for their restaurant because i couldn't find any authentic european food in their menu. All they have is chineese and continental. Anyway food was good

Reviewed 1 June 2017

After calling up the Oriental Thai European Restaurant to make a reservation, I was told that no reservation was needed as it was fairly quiet due to the month of May.

We got dropped off by taxi as I put the address on my google maps, to my surprise there was no restaurant in sight as google maps was completely wrong!!! I then put the address of Hotel Citrus as mentioned above on this site its opposite Hotel Citrus. I arrived there to be told that this restaurant is not here any more (was I mad or was I mad)!!!

I called up the restaurant telling them why is there wrong information on this site as you are giving out incorrect information. You should have told me as soon as I called up to make a reservation that you have moved to another area under another name!!!

To get a taxi to this new place was a mission, I thought of cancelling the whole thing but due to wanting Thai food, we didn't give up!!! I spoke to the manager saying that we are not happy one bit, I guess he felt bad and said he would pick us up from a different location as the taxi guys didn't know where this new place was!

The manager seemed pleasant and took us to the restaurant under the name of MEIPHUNG!!! He said its under new management now and can't update the information on Trip Advisor due to the previous manager having access instead (which is NOT GOOD)!!!

The time we got there we were starving, we should have been offered some sort of service recovery or discount for the inconvenience caused, but no such thing. This really put us off!!!

The food was OK, but I have had better Thai food in other places.

Then to make matters worse, this hotel was in the middle of nowhere and were there a taxi available at 11.30pm???? Erm no, it took us 40 minutes to walk back to our hotel which we weren't happy about one bit!!!

We want be rushing back to this place for sure!!!

3  Thank AMAN G
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Always visit this restaurant at least once. Love the flavours. Steaks also great. Staff very professional.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Their steaks continue to be amazing!!!! and good value. it was nowhere near as busy this time around, last time I went was 4 years ago and it was necessary to book a table, this time on both occasions at 8pm we were the only people in there

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Absolutely gorgeous food, fabulous service,and very very reasonable price, just a pity it's inside the Hovel of the so called *hotel* but they are moving into new premises on Baga Road, well worth a visit....beautiful food.