Ondas do Mar Beach Resort
TripAdvisor
US$35
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach resortswimming poolholiday streetphase iivalue for moneysmall balconyfood quality isthe hotel staffcomplimentary breakfastwalking distancenice place to stayreception areathe main roadcomfortable staynorth goaratesbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I arrived by train early in the morning and early check in had been arranged with the hotel. On driving to the hotel however, I was greeted by a reception full of other weary travelers and not a staff member in sight. Luckily my driver stayed with me and went and woke somebody up but check in took an hour, with no apology or explanation. The staff speak limited English.
The room was large but smelt terrible, they obviously have problems with dampness. The bed did not have adequate linen and the shower gave me warm water for a few seconds before it went cold.
Breakfast was very basic with limited options, although they did cook me an omelette.
After traveling on a train for 16 hours, this hotel was not at all welcoming or comfortable. I checked out and found somewhere much nicer.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Hillsgirly
Reviewed 25 July 2015

hi all...
I had visited this place almost a year back.. but thought of rating it..
i was here with my girlfriend.. the reaort looks small but once you enter the rooms ur thinking transforms.
The rooms are surprisingly spacious n inviting for a couple to spend quality time.
they dont have enough staffing for everthing but they will always be there to resolve any concerns of youra.
the sales manager does a great job... n the staff is always helping. beach is just a 5 minutes walk from the resort.
they will take care of almost all your requirements.
I was given a room on ground floor n was really comfortable. bathrooms are good. breakfast is not that great but has varieties that would suffice your needs.
i would always prefer this place over any other same range hotel...
keep up the great work team ondas do mar.
cya soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Superb service , homely atmosphere and a great location close to the beach - what more can you ask for , this was my 7th stay at Ondas Do mar in the past 5 years - that itself speaks to the excellent experience at Ondas Do Mar.

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb , just be sure to contact the hotel owners benny or anthony before booking as they will surely take care of you.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Amazing place to stay with your family/ friends. Amazing people with great services. I felt like home and people made me feel like i m staying with my family. must visit resort with very reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I had stayed at Ondas Do Mar Phase 1, and had a wonderful experience there the Place was clean, the pool was also clean, When I entered the room I was greeted with a pleasant aroma and a very clean room it was just like I was in a 5 star resort. The Staff also were very courteous and ready to help you any time. I still remember their names Bishu the receptionist, Anil the Waiter,Rakesh the Chef, Anjan the Housekeeping boy. The best part was the resort being just a 2 Min. Walk to the beach. I did not need to go anywhere to hire a car or Bike as the staff did all the arrangement for me.
I will surely visit this place again and strongly recommend others to do stay at this Resort.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family