Discovery Cafe & Guest House
US$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$68
US$39
US$141
US$135
Agoda.com
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$176
US$137
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

All reviewscheap pricerooms are cleannice stayjonker streetguesthouseacasia
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Location: 5/5
Cleanliness: 5/5 (for what you pay of course)
Staff politeness: 5/5 (John is great)

Stayed here last month during my solo trip to Melaka. My experience was very good. I took the shared dorm. Rooms and clean and good for what you pay.
They also provide breakfast - basic, but its included.
There's an indian restaurant just opposite to the accommodation and food there is good and cheap.
John was great - though I arrived late, he gave me a mini tour of the property explaining the basic rules and gave me maps etc that was very helpful.
Wifi is free in the rooms and the hotel bar/sit out area.
Overall - perfect for a backpacker and I will definitely visit again if I plan for a backpacking trip.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Ashdey
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Probably the most famous hostel in Melaka. Quality is just fair. Receptionist opens only from 9 am, so you have to wait if you arrive early in the morning. The room was fair with some mosquitoes. We got a room on the building opposite the discovery cafe, so it was more quiet and nicer to sleep in. The reception sell cheaper bottled water (RM 1.5) compared to at the stores next to the hostel (RM 2).

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately stayed here for a night in a double room. We booked based on the great trip advisor reviews but I just do not understand what people are thinking!! We are backpackers and always stay in hostels but this was one of the worst. Apart from the great location, everything else needs majorly improving. The room was disgusting, not clean in the slightest, holes in the walls, stains all over the bed, floor coming up, curtains didn't close properly as they were that stiff and stale, shared bathrooms dirty, I actually chose not to go in the shower for the day until I got to Singapore. Breakfast was toast but we passed on that. I honestly would go elsewhere I wish I did as it took away from the lovely place that Melaka is. I looked forward to leaving for a 16 bed dorm in Singapore!!

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We are far too 'old' for the guesthouse scene but nevertheless, we dropped in for a thirst quencher one evening. Relaxed ambience, wasn't busy at all then. Alcohol (non-beer) is not the cheapest. The young lady who manned the till was a sweetie. A laid-back kind of place which was not a bad thing at all.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jacqqq
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Good place on a busy junction thats perfect for people watching, and they sell 12% alcohol beer ( it's really cheap for Asia) they serve food as well although I didn't have any it looked and smelt great

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple