Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$11
View deal
PricelineUS$11
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I would recommend this hostel for the location (easy walking distance to all the local sights, sounds, and tastes), price, and really friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. We couldn't get the hot water to run, and we were only issued with one small blanket type thing each (no top sheet), so don't expect luxury, but still we had a lovely stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 929NickM
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I have been here a couple of times and staying in a lot of places in Melaka before.
But this place became my favourite one amd made me feeling home and its worth to stay longer. rooms are clean, the owner and stuff very helpful and friendly. Its an airy and bright place with a nice garden, so that you will forget you are in a noisy town. The place feels more like beeing in a village or in the country. But the most places of interest are only a couple of minutes by walking.Coming here the first time my airline lost my baggage on the way to KL,but I a got a helpful assistence from the owners-very kind. The old building is lovely but cause of the age and its wooden floor, you hear and feel the walk of other guests. But i would highly recommend to stay here and come again.

Room tip: as more you pay as more you'll get.the better rooms are the quieter ones.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I can't stop smiling. I've rediscovered this gem after five years, and I should have used it long before.

Well - hmm.....what can I say. Its NOT Buckingham Palace, and its not meant to be. Theres something beautifully random, chaotic, yet organised about the building itself, which is part of its utterly unique beauty and charm. Think Antonio Gaudi meets Picasso and the pair of them get Malaysian sanity.

But thats not all. Its the infectious sense of peace and quiet you get with this place. I mean, for the sake of my sanity, I need to escape the city every 4 to 6 weeks and this is close enough to KL and Singapore to do that.

Its also close enough to the tourist attractions in Melaka itself, all ten minutes away.

Those expecting luxury - you'll be disappointed. Those expecting joy, laughter, and healing for the soul.......GO HERE!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank crazygweilo
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stayed for 2 nights at Apa Kaba in early February, a lovely, basic kampung home stay, situated a short walk from town. We had a few initial concerns when we checked in, as they had double booked the room we were staying in and were wanting to move us to another room for 1 night then back to original room or pay extra for the upgraded room. We ended up staying in the upgraded room (slightly larger with a fan and AC) rather then repacking, but agreeing not to use the AC, which was a little strange. It wasnt a major issue though, particularly given the small cost of the stay. The home itself is modest but nice, there is a basic breakfast in the communal kitchen area and some nice outdoor spaces to sit at night. We were staying during the Chinese new year, so the kampung was alive with sounds of fireworks and celebrations. We were also lucky to see an interesting Chinese lion dance at the local temple nearby with all the other locals and a handful of tourists, which was fantastic, so very skilful and acrobatic. The kampung is still a poor area, but the locals are all so very friendly, making this a really enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I did't really want to write this review because I really did like this place. On the whole it's very pretty too look at and has a lovely cosy feel to it, as well as a nice outdoor area to sit and chill in the evening. The morning breakfast is pretty nice, although it does cater to the sweet tooth with pastries alongside toast, but that wasn't an issue for me.

The room is quite dark and a little on the dingy side, but for the price you're paying that's quite understandable. However, for the sake of future guests, I feel I should say I woke up with four very suspect bites on my forehead on the day I was leaving. I say suspect because they were not mosquitos - I got those too, I can tell the difference - but they were in a perfect zigzag line, which is a strong indication of bed begs. I immediately raised this with the lady on reception, who checked the bed with her phone torch. She didn't spot anything, but the room was quite dark and these creatures are good at hiding. I really hope the manager does take some effective steps to check the rooms and ensure this doesn't affect any other travellers. My advice to future guests is still visit this place because for the price you get it's great. But do check the beds and don't leave your luggage on the floor just in case.

Date of stay: April 2017