Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Agoda.com
View deal
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Our second visit. Wont be our last! Awesome location. Friendly owners. GREAT recommendations for food! Quiet although in the middle of Town! Use Google maps to help get there. 5 min walk to jonker street.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I would recommend this hostel for the location (easy walking distance to all the local sights, sounds, and tastes), price, and really friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. We couldn't get the hot water to run, and we were only issued with one small blanket type thing each (no top sheet), so don't expect luxury, but still we had a lovely stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 929NickM
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I have been here a couple of times and staying in a lot of places in Melaka before.
But this place became my favourite one amd made me feeling home and its worth to stay longer. rooms are clean, the owner and stuff very helpful and friendly. Its an airy and bright place with a nice garden, so that you will forget you are in a noisy town. The place feels more like beeing in a village or in the country. But the most places of interest are only a couple of minutes by walking.Coming here the first time my airline lost my baggage on the way to KL,but I a got a helpful assistence from the owners-very kind. The old building is lovely but cause of the age and its wooden floor, you hear and feel the walk of other guests. But i would highly recommend to stay here and come again.

Room tip: as more you pay as more you'll get.the better rooms are the quieter ones.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I can't stop smiling. I've rediscovered this gem after five years, and I should have used it long before.

Well - hmm.....what can I say. Its NOT Buckingham Palace, and its not meant to be. Theres something beautifully random, chaotic, yet organised about the building itself, which is part of its utterly unique beauty and charm. Think Antonio Gaudi meets Picasso and the pair of them get Malaysian sanity.

But thats not all. Its the infectious sense of peace and quiet you get with this place. I mean, for the sake of my sanity, I need to escape the city every 4 to 6 weeks and this is close enough to KL and Singapore to do that.

Its also close enough to the tourist attractions in Melaka itself, all ten minutes away.

Those expecting luxury - you'll be disappointed. Those expecting joy, laughter, and healing for the soul.......GO HERE!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank crazygweilo
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stayed for 2 nights at Apa Kaba in early February, a lovely, basic kampung home stay, situated a short walk from town. We had a few initial concerns when we checked in, as they had double booked the room we were staying in and were wanting to move us to another room for 1 night then back to original room or pay extra for the upgraded room. We ended up staying in the upgraded room (slightly larger with a fan and AC) rather then repacking, but agreeing not to use the AC, which was a little strange. It wasnt a major issue though, particularly given the small cost of the stay. The home itself is modest but nice, there is a basic breakfast in the communal kitchen area and some nice outdoor spaces to sit at night. We were staying during the Chinese new year, so the kampung was alive with sounds of fireworks and celebrations. We were also lucky to see an interesting Chinese lion dance at the local temple nearby with all the other locals and a handful of tourists, which was fantastic, so very skilful and acrobatic. The kampung is still a poor area, but the locals are all so very friendly, making this a really enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: February 2017