Melaka is dotted with a variety of budget inns etc. This however stood out, in my experience of budget hotels, in terms of cleanliness of rooms, toilet and overall look and feel.
- Stayed in a smaller room on the first night, which was literally a hole in the wall with no windows. However, it was still surprisingly comfortable.
-Got a better room the second night, with laminated floors and tons of space.
-Beds are spring mattresses, so very comfy as with pillows
-ok spread of breakfast.
- Professional and well versed staff, who were able to answer queries well.
- Slightly out of the way, and requires a car to get around with no shuttle services to Jonker walk. Jonker walk is a good 25 minute walk away, while its closer to Merdeka Square and main shopping centres (10-15 minutes walk).
-Some rooms have no windows, which can be claustrophobic. If there are views, generally its just the streets.
- Can get a bit noisy at night as its near some karaoke/pub joints.
Can be quite busy as they cater to sometime noisy tourists. However, still affordable and well appointed for less than RM100 a room. Recommended for a short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queenspark Hotel is strategically located at two main thoroughfares of the business centres and entertainment hubs. It is also a short distance to the historical landmarks like the "A Famosa," Stadthuys, St Paul Hill, Jonker Walk and shopping complexes i.e. Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlawan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Queenspark Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.