All reviews tea coffee ensuite bathroom jonker street hot water awesome stay reception area guesthouse attractions
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Myself and my partner decided to book a week-long stay in Melaka at Travellers Planet, and what a great decision that was! The staff at the reception desk were extremely friendly and helpful, and made some very good suggestions of vegetarian/Indian restaurants in the local area. The guesthouse was in a perfect location - close to Makhota Parade mall and Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall. It was also only a 10 minute walk to Jonker Street, Stadthuys and Dutch Square. A Giant supermarket can be found underneath the Makhota Parade mall, which is handy for snacks / a picnic lunch etc.

The room was a generous size, had tasteful decor and was very clean. There was working air conditioning, a flatscreen TV and a desk. The bed was very comfortable and, as the guesthouse was down a quieter back street, we slept soundly each night. There was an ensuite bathroom which had a very good working shower with hot water. The staff were always happy to supply us with toilet paper as and when we needed it.

However, what I would say is that the Wi-Fi signal isn't that great and is a bit on the slow side. The signal does improve slightly though when you're in the reception area. This was the only drawback about the place I can think of!

The communal area downstairs was a nice area to chill out in, and also a good opportunity for chatting with other travellers. There was also a hot/cold water dispenser where you could fill your water bottles up for free or make some tea/coffee (also complimentary).

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this as a base from which to explore Melaka!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thenomadicpear
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Clean and provides all the comfort you could ask for, got ample parking and very nearby to attractions such as jonker street. Room has a nice flat screen, but only has local channels. Room AC was good, shower pressure was excellent. Value for money.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2016

This was a little GEM, My room was efficient, it worked and it was clean and comfortable. Wifi was strong late at night and early morning in my room, slower during regular hours. But I was able to use skype in Privacy to call home, so I was happy.

The bed andd bedding was comfortable, the aircon was strong, the water hot.

But best of all the staff were treat. The lobby area has been newly refurbished and it is a comfortable place to hang out with a huge TV with movies, free water, tea and coffee when ever you want it, and the 2 staff were not only helpful and polite, but they were happy to offer advice and choices for local transport and good eats.

I'd happily return, and hope to one day. Thanks!

Room tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are ground floor - no stairs! They are also cut off from all going upstairs
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I arrived in Melaka at 6am and were trudging around Jonkler street looking for somewhere to stay! We had a McDonalds breakfast and found this place had 24hour check so booked online and checked in (9:30am) by this point!

We were shown to our room straight away which was on the top floor so bit of a work out with your bags, however it was great. Spacious, clean and had a great hot powerful shower. It's been one of the best hostels we've stayed in in Asia.

I highly recommend! Location is also brilliant and staff are really lovely.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We booked this hotel because it allows late checkin in Melaka, while other is only checkin until 9pm. And we got a warmly welcome at the midnight :)
Easy to find, just steps away from Taming Sari tower. There're 2 big malls near by if you like shopping, 7-11, and foods around.
Hostel also offer free drink (hot & cool water, coffee, tea)
And the guy who works there is friendly & show us some direction on Kuala Lumpur too.

Friendly hostel, recommended :)

Room tip: Room no.8 at 2nd floor is spacious, has table & good view down to the corner of the street :)
Date of stay: August 2016