Free cancellation until 25/07
US$61
  • Pool
US$48
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

US$72
US$65
US$55
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$134
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$190
US$180
Priceline
All reviewslittle indiaoutdoor jacuzzicapitol satay celupdeluxe family suitejonker streetnice showerrain showerwithin walking distanceprivate parkingspacious roomplus pointearly checkpleasant staydutch squareshort tripnasi lemaktourist attractions
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Hotel in little India district but literally 5 minutes walk to the center of old Melaka and all the attractions and museums including of course the not to be missed night market on Jonker Street at weekends.
Hotel has Colonial feel but is actually a 3 year old hotel built in the colonial style. Room fine with good bathroom with rain head and cool A/C
Good wifi reception but not many English speaking channels on TV
Quiet location but no pool to relax in or bar so if you have family and want to relax poolside after a long journey this is not the place.
Buffet style breakfast that was adequate over the weekend, but order only on weekdays with limited choice.
Friendly and courteous staff who arranged taxi to Melaka Central bus depot for trip back to KL RM20

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2015

What differentiates The Sterling Boutique Hotel from other hotels in the Melaka area is perhaps the Jacuzzi in the room, which persuaded me to pay slightly more for the Riley room during the Hari Raya holiday weekend.
On my first night, I realized that the water pressure for the Jacuzzi tub was so low that it is easier to take a shower with the regular shower than to wait perhaps an hour or longer for the tub to be filled before I can enjoy the Jacuzzi at the end of a long day. I queried the front desk about the vast difference in water pressure between the Jacuzzi tub and the regular shower. The front desk responded that it was normal and for me to wait patiently.
I could not login to the wifi to access the internet on my first night. Initially the front desk suggested they would reset their wifi and for me to try again after five minutes. Again, I could not access the internet. Subsequently, the front desk offered a dongle for a refundable deposit so that I could login to the wifi via the dongle. Still, it was not unsuccessful. I gave up. On the next day, I was able to access the internet in the morning but not at night. It became obvious to me that the wireless internet was not able to handle heavy traffic when hotel guests returned for the night.
Breakfast on my first morning was not a pleasant experience. My parents and I arrived an hour after the start of breakfast hours. By then, the food was lukewarm at best despite being served in chafing dishes. It was better on my second morning when we arrived at the start of breakfast hours. On both mornings, I noticed a candle flame was not lit beneath the chafing dishes. It bemused me that the chafing dishes were only used as a presentable format for the food but not to keep the food warm.
The last straw was broken when I could not sleep on the second night due to the malfunctioning aircon. After returning to the room, I waited for a couple of hours for the room to cool down. It became apparent to me that the room was stuffy and the aircon was not working after my shower. By then, it was close to midnight. I had to call the front desk at a late hour for the second consecutive night. You could imagine how often I had to call the front desk at a late hour on both nights when the front desk personnel could recognize my voice and identify my room number before I finished my sentence. I was informed someone would be sent to reset the aircon in the room. After this episode, I had to wait again for the room to slowly cool down. I could not fall asleep even though I was very exhausted.
There are other minor issues I was upset with. I booked the room for three people but not everything was available in 3s when I first stepped into the room. I called the front desk for a third set of everything and was presented with a bathrobe, bath towel, shower gel and a bottle of water at my door. By the second morning, I realized late that there was only two coffee cups in the room, two pairs of slippers... instead of three. It was annoying to realize that the housekeeping service did not ensure everything was available in 3s.
In spite of all this, I must be fair to say that the staff was friendly at all times. However, the quality of the overall setup (Jacuzzi, wifi, breakfast, aircon) is simply not there.
I hope my experience is an outlier. I could have paid less for a more enjoyable stay at another hotel. Hence I was not impressed at all after staying for two nights over the Hari Raya long weekend. My stay at The Sterling Boutique Hotel definitely did not feel like a four star experience. I left with a sense of relief that I did not have to put up with this hotel for a third night.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank TienTeng
Reviewed 19 July 2015

I visited this hotel with my family and was very happy that I chose this as there were others that offered similar rates.
The Sterling is very nice to look at and proved to be a very nice stay, we liked the colonial style of the building and the staff were very nice.
The greeting at the entrance when we arrived was very warming and friendly. The rooms were very clean and a really nice modern shower!
The breakfast is OK but would need to be more varied but at least its served on the roof top terrace which is pleasant.
The hotel is located on the edge of Little India and just 5/10mins walk to St.Pauls hill which is an historical site and you have melacca river nearby that you can take boat trips.
Would I go back? Most definetly as it ticked almost all the boxes, just sort out the breakfast menu!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Vader69
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We stayed in the Riley room. Very spacious! Huge bed, a small "walk in wardrobe", a sofa and the toilet had a big jacuzzi! We used this every day. It did take a while to fill up due to it's size but not much of a problem. Decor is a relaxing dark brown theme. Breakfast is served buffet style on the rooftop.

Easy walk to and fro between Jonker St and the hotel. The famous Satay Celup is just the next street over too.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FZZW
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel has a colonial elegance to it, and a touch of French styling. We stayed in the Leyton room and it wasn't large, but certainly enough for my husband and I. It's luxury at an extremely reasonable price, and wonderfully located. Strolling distance to the central square in town, the river and Jonker Walk - but tucked far enough away to be away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist traffic. The hotel is delicately scented throughout, which adds to the luxurious feel of the place. The only comment I'd make is it would be good for the concierges to have a little more local knowledge of the best places to eat.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple