2,770 results
All reviews alto sky lounge junior suite jonker street shopping mall premier lounge lcd tvs mahkota parade swimming pool rooftop bar breakfast spread walking distance convenient location living area long queue spacious room parking ticket hotel guests
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

During my stay at Hatten Hotel:
1) very pleasant greeting by the reception but a 'clumsy' / disorganized front desk because the customer need to qeue like waiting to depart on the bus with our luggage still by our side.
2) i can see that the service effeciency level were declining at the time we reaching higher to our room. The reception offer very prompt service but after we entered the room seems like all the good service was only at the point of we paid for the room. The aircond was not running as per expectation (previous visitor had complaint about it, i dont want to elaborate more), the room was like breeding nest for the cockroaches, for two night stay, all of these insect family has greet us, its baby, sister, mama & papa & even dead grandpa in the toilet.
3) i was even very very very dissapointed with the service because when i ask for the prayer rug at 4.30pm and after 3 times call the room service, finally at 7.35pm i manage to get it..for a piece of prayer rug they need almost 3hours to send it to me..phewww that is a damn heavy thing to bring up to me..i think :)
4) on the 2nd day, we went out & ask for housekeeping..guest what, when we came back..the room was been 'clean up' the only thing been tidy up is the bed..the toilet hmm i think i can clean it better..they just spray water to make the toilet look wet..what a joke!! Then another suprise came, my daughter towel that we bring along was taken by the maid without informing us about that..luckily i notice the towel is missing and i make a call to the housekeeping and ask for the towel..they said we will rush our maid to get the towel to you..i wait until 9.00pm then call again for thw towel??they said the towel was not with them??!!they just give me a puzzle to solve, right? One time it is there and now its gone? I ask them to find it by hook or by by crook because i know it is with them..i wait again until i decided to sleep because it already 1am & i ain't crazy..yes!! you are right..i only get the towel after i checked out from the hotel & after waiting for almost an hour after i drop the hotel key at the front desk..another key 'success story' by Hatten staff..
5) i would recommend this hotel to those that have a lot money but with a very aggresive attitude because you will need it to deal with the Hatten's gladiators..to Hatten..please please please improve your service & the attitude of your staff..you have a long way to go..all the best..

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Don_Issac
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Good location of hotel. Hotel staff are pleasant and helpful. The hotel cafe serves good food and the buffet breakfast has a good spread of food. Being newly opened there are some minor rectifications and the hotel should be fully functional by late this year.

A big Shopping centre on opposite of the hotel and on the other side a Mega Mall link by bridge across. Further down the main road, numerous Nyonya (Peranakan) restaurants serving favourite local dishes. Tried the food at Big Nyonya restaurant , 33 Taman Melaka Raya. It was authentic peranakan food.

Room Tip: Higher floors above 12 levels on south have good views of sea front and quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank corbinchan
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Road trip to Malacca (3D2N, May 12)

We decided to book with Hatten Hotel cos it is the latest hotel in Malacca. Nice room but the service definitely need a lot of improvement. As the hotel is still under renovation, many facilities are not avaiable which they should have informed before accepting any booking. Here are our feedback:

. Love the spacious room. (1563 & 1564)
. Location is great, food & shopping just near by. Hatten Square was a disappointment (avoid this if you don't want to waste your time) :(
. Hotel guests get free parking. I was told that the parking is chargeable when making reservation with the FO Manager! So don't tap your "Touch & GO" card when entering the car park gantry like us ya, pick up the ticket and have the FO to validate for u.
. The initial check-in was not very pleasant. We arrived about 10.30am and hoping be able to check-in earlier. What we got from the guy (with glasses) was a cold NO. We were carrying a few bags with us, and he didn't offer any help or offer to keep our bags with the concierge while waiting for check-in at 12noon.
. Saw old folks struggling with their luggage but didn't see any of the staff offer help to them
. Air cond was down at almost 12 mid-nite in our room (1563) and reported to FO. 2 technicians came and insisted that it was the setting on the air con thermostat although we told him it got nothing to do with that. 30mins past, I decided to call FO again cos the room was still warm. Wait for sometime, no sight of any help and call FO again! This time I insisted for a room change as we were really tired. Someone came with the room keys (1573) after 15mins later and guess what, he was stand at the door watching us struggling with the luggage!!!! We smelled cigarettes immediately entering into 1573 (the previous guest must have smoking heavily in the room!), despite I am sensitive to that smell and was suffered from running nose & bad headache (due to that), I continued with the room as I was really tired and disappointed with the service.
. Cleanliness: It was ok with 1563 but found dead & dried cockroache in 1573, juz below the window!
. When making reservation, I was told all room are non-smoking. I was given a room filled with cigarettes smell when room change in the middle of the night!

I will probably check-in to Hatten Hotel again (when it's still new) and will lower my expectation :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank EvonneSim
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is a new hotel which is in their soft-opening stage with only a few levels of their rooms available. We decided to veer from our usual stay at Holiday Inn and try out this place. Check in was swift at 1pm, our room was ready - we overheard the couple before us in the check-in queue had to wait till 3pm as their room was not ready. The room was nice albeit with a plastic / latex smell on the sheets and there are 2 LCD tvs - 1 of which had a grainy quality.

Housekeeping could definitely do better:
1. There was only half a roll of toilet paper when we first got into the room - had to ask for another roll.
2. As we stayed for 2 nights, the cotton buds and shower cap were not replenished during the housekeeping on the 2nd day.
3. After the housekeeping, we realised they took our used towels without replacing fresh ones for us - had to call housekeeping.

There was no internet cable in the room, we then called housekeeping for a set but they only came after we called twice - citing the reason that they were busy and couldn't come up. That was ok, we weren't in a hurry to use the internet.

We had wanted to order room service but they called us back a while after we've placed our order and said 2 of the 3 items we wanted were sold out - fried noodles and satay. It was quite unbelievable that a hotel can run out of noodles but anyways we canceled our room service order and decided to eat out.

Breakfast spread was excellent - one of the best I've had for a while. Love that they have fruits (mainly red and green apples) at the front desk everyday.

As we travel to Melaka pretty often for short getaways, we tend to laze in the hotel room watching the movie channel all day. This was good enough for us. We'll be back for sure - at least within their promotional price period.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dianahplee
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I brought my mother to Malacca for a 2D1N stay to celebrate Mother's Day. She loved this place very much. The hotel is having a promotion(introductory room rate) as it is newly opened, with some facilities such as, swimming pool, gym, etc are not ready yet. But we were there to shop(my mother loves to do) and eat, all these are not important as we just need a place to rest after after shopping.

The room is spacious, with a sleeping area and a small living area that comes with a day bed and another TV. Bathroom is spacious too, but no bathtub, only rain shower. Bed is comfortable, no wifi in the room but wired internet connection and it's free. View from the room are great, facing the sea and at the same time can see the city view too.

One thing need to mention here is the breakfast. Their breakfast is great! Lots of varieties, taste is good too. The staffs are very polite and service is good. The chef even came out of the ktichen to see the response of the guests. Food are replenished quickly after it had finished. You did not see any impatient look on the face of the waiters and waitresses. Everyone looks enthusiastic in their job. The place is also big and taking meals there is really very enjoyable.

The location of the hotel is also great. It is nearby Mahkota parade and Dataran Pahlawan. Many eateries around the hotel, famous restaurant Tang Shifu is just next to the hotel on the ground floor.

Our check in is fast( we arrived early) but check out is a bit slow. It had a long queue and I can see some impatient guests complaining. But even hearing the complaints, the staffs are trying their best to do their job and the one who served me also said sorry to keep me waiting. Anyway, they are still inexperience. By paying that kind of introductory price, how much can you expect? And I think the staffs ought to be encouraged because they are trying their best to get the job done. Things will sure improve.

Overall, as a place to rest, Hatten Hotel is a great place. I believe when all facilities are ready to use, and with the experience accumulated, it will be better. My mother already said that she will be back, so do I!

Room Tip: Get room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family