Hatten Hotel Melaka
Hotel Puri(Melaka)
US$42
US$38
2,621 results
All reviewsalto sky loungejunior suitejonker streetshopping mallpremier loungelcd tvsmahkota paradeswimming poolrooftop barwalking distancebreakfast spreadliving areaconvenient locationspacious roomlong queueparking tickethotel guests
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Hatten Hotel is in a prime position next to several big shopping malls and within easy walking distance of all the main tourist traps in Malacca. It aspires to be a high grade hotel and the rooms are comfortable with nice beds and a touch of "grooviness" to the design. The buffet breakfast is comprehensive with lots of choices, and everything is clean and new - because it's a brand new hotel.

And because it's a brand new hotel please note - at the time of staying (June 2012) there are no facilities whatsoever despite being shown on their website. No pool, no gym, no bar and, actually, no service to speak of. Breakfast was a zoo of "snatch and grab" characters because the hotel are offering special rates to schools and very large tour groups. The staff are clumsy and a bit negative - some exude an attitude of "don't mess with me". The senior staff are better and one or two there try to help, for example in giving local directions, but overall I didn't feel happy or welcome there and after a long day at work I don't want to feel uneasy in my hotel.

Note also that, as a business traveller, there is no wi-fi in the room but there is a complimentary cable socket and you can request a cable for your laptop. Wi-fi is in the lobby and the breakfast restaurant.

I might try this hotel in a year's time, but at the moment I'll stick to others should I have a business trip to Malacca again.

Room Tip: It seems that, at the time of writing, only floor 13 is open.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank SingaporeBizTravel
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

During my stay at Hatten Hotel:
1) very pleasant greeting by the reception but a 'clumsy' / disorganized front desk because the customer need to qeue like waiting to depart on the bus with our luggage still by our side.
2) i can see that the service effeciency level were declining at the time we reaching higher to our room. The reception offer very prompt service but after we entered the room seems like all the good service was only at the point of we paid for the room. The aircond was not running as per expectation (previous visitor had complaint about it, i dont want to elaborate more), the room was like breeding nest for the cockroaches, for two night stay, all of these insect family has greet us, its baby, sister, mama & papa & even dead grandpa in the toilet.
3) i was even very very very dissapointed with the service because when i ask for the prayer rug at 4.30pm and after 3 times call the room service, finally at 7.35pm i manage to get it..for a piece of prayer rug they need almost 3hours to send it to me..phewww that is a damn heavy thing to bring up to me..i think :)
4) on the 2nd day, we went out & ask for housekeeping..guest what, when we came back..the room was been 'clean up' the only thing been tidy up is the bed..the toilet hmm i think i can clean it better..they just spray water to make the toilet look wet..what a joke!! Then another suprise came, my daughter towel that we bring along was taken by the maid without informing us about that..luckily i notice the towel is missing and i make a call to the housekeeping and ask for the towel..they said we will rush our maid to get the towel to you..i wait until 9.00pm then call again for thw towel??they said the towel was not with them??!!they just give me a puzzle to solve, right? One time it is there and now its gone? I ask them to find it by hook or by by crook because i know it is with them..i wait again until i decided to sleep because it already 1am & i ain't crazy..yes!! you are right..i only get the towel after i checked out from the hotel & after waiting for almost an hour after i drop the hotel key at the front desk..another key 'success story' by Hatten staff..
5) i would recommend this hotel to those that have a lot money but with a very aggresive attitude because you will need it to deal with the Hatten's gladiators..to Hatten..please please please improve your service & the attitude of your staff..you have a long way to go..all the best..

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Don_Issac
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Good location of hotel. Hotel staff are pleasant and helpful. The hotel cafe serves good food and the buffet breakfast has a good spread of food. Being newly opened there are some minor rectifications and the hotel should be fully functional by late this year.

A big Shopping centre on opposite of the hotel and on the other side a Mega Mall link by bridge across. Further down the main road, numerous Nyonya (Peranakan) restaurants serving favourite local dishes. Tried the food at Big Nyonya restaurant , 33 Taman Melaka Raya. It was authentic peranakan food.

Room Tip: Higher floors above 12 levels on south have good views of sea front and quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank corbinchan
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Road trip to Malacca (3D2N, May 12)

We decided to book with Hatten Hotel cos it is the latest hotel in Malacca. Nice room but the service definitely need a lot of improvement. As the hotel is still under renovation, many facilities are not avaiable which they should have informed before accepting any booking. Here are our feedback:

. Love the spacious room. (1563 & 1564)
. Location is great, food & shopping just near by. Hatten Square was a disappointment (avoid this if you don't want to waste your time) :(
. Hotel guests get free parking. I was told that the parking is chargeable when making reservation with the FO Manager! So don't tap your "Touch & GO" card when entering the car park gantry like us ya, pick up the ticket and have the FO to validate for u.
. The initial check-in was not very pleasant. We arrived about 10.30am and hoping be able to check-in earlier. What we got from the guy (with glasses) was a cold NO. We were carrying a few bags with us, and he didn't offer any help or offer to keep our bags with the concierge while waiting for check-in at 12noon.
. Saw old folks struggling with their luggage but didn't see any of the staff offer help to them
. Air cond was down at almost 12 mid-nite in our room (1563) and reported to FO. 2 technicians came and insisted that it was the setting on the air con thermostat although we told him it got nothing to do with that. 30mins past, I decided to call FO again cos the room was still warm. Wait for sometime, no sight of any help and call FO again! This time I insisted for a room change as we were really tired. Someone came with the room keys (1573) after 15mins later and guess what, he was stand at the door watching us struggling with the luggage!!!! We smelled cigarettes immediately entering into 1573 (the previous guest must have smoking heavily in the room!), despite I am sensitive to that smell and was suffered from running nose & bad headache (due to that), I continued with the room as I was really tired and disappointed with the service.
. Cleanliness: It was ok with 1563 but found dead & dried cockroache in 1573, juz below the window!
. When making reservation, I was told all room are non-smoking. I was given a room filled with cigarettes smell when room change in the middle of the night!

I will probably check-in to Hatten Hotel again (when it's still new) and will lower my expectation :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank EvonneSim
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is a new hotel which is in their soft-opening stage with only a few levels of their rooms available. We decided to veer from our usual stay at Holiday Inn and try out this place. Check in was swift at 1pm, our room was ready - we overheard the couple before us in the check-in queue had to wait till 3pm as their room was not ready. The room was nice albeit with a plastic / latex smell on the sheets and there are 2 LCD tvs - 1 of which had a grainy quality.

Housekeeping could definitely do better:
1. There was only half a roll of toilet paper when we first got into the room - had to ask for another roll.
2. As we stayed for 2 nights, the cotton buds and shower cap were not replenished during the housekeeping on the 2nd day.
3. After the housekeeping, we realised they took our used towels without replacing fresh ones for us - had to call housekeeping.

There was no internet cable in the room, we then called housekeeping for a set but they only came after we called twice - citing the reason that they were busy and couldn't come up. That was ok, we weren't in a hurry to use the internet.

We had wanted to order room service but they called us back a while after we've placed our order and said 2 of the 3 items we wanted were sold out - fried noodles and satay. It was quite unbelievable that a hotel can run out of noodles but anyways we canceled our room service order and decided to eat out.

Breakfast spread was excellent - one of the best I've had for a while. Love that they have fruits (mainly red and green apples) at the front desk everyday.

As we travel to Melaka pretty often for short getaways, we tend to laze in the hotel room watching the movie channel all day. This was good enough for us. We'll be back for sure - at least within their promotional price period.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple