Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$33
Lol.travel
Trip.comUS$38
PricelineUS$37
3,154 results
All reviews alto sky lounge junior suite jonker street shopping mall premier floor mahkota parade swimming pool breakfast spread walking distance convenient location long queue hotel guests parking ticket sea view spacious room checking in hotel lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

Checked into Hatten for a night and I found the hotel comfortable, the reception friendly but I felt there is a need for some refurbishing.

The Pros
1. Bed was very comfortable and I like the layout of the hotel room
2. Shower was good with adequate amenities
3. Room included a sofa and a writing/work table .
4. Free WIFI
5. Had adequate cable TV channels
6. Breakfast was good & there was a large buffet spread.
7. Good & friendly service

The Cons
1. Can see that certain portions of the rooms fittings were worn out & require refurbishing.
2. Bath towels need a change as we can notice strands of cotton fiber from the towels peeling off from the ends.
3. My main complaint is the lifts which is slow due to the number of people using it during the peak hour despite it having 8 lifts working & separate lifts for the car park. Had to wait 15 mins to get a lift down from the 16th floor.
4. The car park is a bit tight as you maneuver up or down. However car park space is adequate.

Overall I did like the hotel but it surely needs an upgrade to live up to its 5 star rating.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank josepho53
Hatten Hotel Melaka, General Manager at Hatten Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2021

Dear josepho53,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your comments are very much valued. We appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and are ongoing upgrades to ensure the best service. Our associates are trained to provide only the best in customer service, and we are pleased that you found value and hospitality during your stay.

We certainly also took your feedback on the shortfalls mentioned and have taken actions adequately to serve our valued guest with the best experience. We certainly appreciate your kind patience and understanding as we continue to improve on serving our dear valued guest with the best experience. Nothing is more important than regaining your confidence and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2021

Love this Hotel. It is within a walking distance of everything. If you love shopping ,shopping mall at the side and below the Hotel. You love food ,practically it is everywhere just around its corner. Wanna go visit the historic site ,just take 20 minutes walk to A Famosa and other places.
The junior suite is just nice for my family. Two sections with separate TV sets so that my child can watch other TV programme. Shower cubicle is great with nice water pressure and modern concept for your comfort. The bed and pillow is very comfortable as well.
Breakfast is excellent. I must say the choices from buffet is so intriguing. With guess were provided with plastic glove, is nice to see a Hotel that takes serious on the Covid SOP. And I must mentioned this...not many Hotel practise this...the Hotel allocate a manpower to managed guest at the lobby and 11th floor where coffee house is allocated. During peak hour ,it surely help for guest to abide the rule and SOP's by making sure the lift is not overcrowded. Congratulations to the management who manage it very well.

2  Thank AliAzzam
Hatten Hotel Melaka, General Manager at Hatten Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Dear AliAzzam,

We’re certainly delighted to know that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your wonderful comments and wish to extend our sincerest gratitude on leaving us with your positive comments. As we’re conveniently located in the center of township, exploring many attractions within Melaka is indeed perfect without the hassle of driving out. We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the hotel's location throughout your stay. We also pledge to provide the finest service and facilities for our valued guests and we are glad that you have good comments on our hospitalities and facilities. Our team are also committed to provide the best in service and ensure to go the extra mile in giving the service for a memorable time. Nothing is more important in making sure our valued guest have a wonderful time during their stay. Comments like yours will definitely motivate us to further strive for excellence. Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2020

The good: My stay was guaranteed with early check in at 10am and late check out at 5pm. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Food during the breakfast buffet and lunchtime at Chaterz was delicious. They got delicious Illy coffee too! The Deluxe Suite is not that big so it was perfect for a solo traveler like me.

The downside: My room (1626) needed improvement. Furniture looked dated. Phone is not working so I had to use my phone and call the front desk every time. Clogged toilet sink and under it was exposed, broken marble which looked hideous. I also found Oreo crumbs all over the floor near the curtain meaning did housekeeping even vacuum the floor? More importantly, do you even sanitise the room as you claimed? I also don’t like the parking lot. Hotel patrons (or perhaps mall patrons or whatever.. God knows) are so inconsiderate and selfish as I found my car dented in two different places! I always check my before I leave it so I know they were due to the patrons here. Lastly, the problem with hotel patrons not following the SOP is quite serious, especially with the issue of hotel lifts. People somehow don’t care on cramping the lift because we waited for the lifts for a long time, and it can be up to 20 minutes wait. You need to do something about this as we don’t want new clusters coming from hotels.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear reikodiana,

We appreciate your wonderful feedback and sincerely delighted to know that we're able to accommodate to your special request. Our Chatterz, All Day Dining is also striving to ensure that the food served maintain high quality in taste. We're sincerely pleased to know that you have good comments.

However, rest assured that we also take comments seriously for further improvement. Please accept our sincerest apologize on the shortfalls, as we are usually known for our excellence in detail, but regret to note that we've missed the mark this time. Every guest review is important to us as we use it for enhancement. Rest assured that all your remarks has been shared with the team.

Nothing is more than regaining the trust of our dear valued guest, as we intend the best in accommodation and needs. Thank you once again for your patronage, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

Fantastic costumer services, when we checked in we had certain issues with our Room and the manager on duty Mr Balasubramani Naidu took the initiative to resolve the matter along with Front office manager Miss Jessic Chang. Good job hatten and great staff with hospitality. will definitely consider Hatten as my first choice hotel each time I visit Mallaca

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hatten Hotel Melaka, General Manager at Hatten Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2021

Dear andrewnK4605GB,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We pledge to provide the finest service and facilities for our valued guests and we are glad that you have good comments on our hospitalities and facilities. We appreciate your comments regarding our customer service, as we're trained to provide only the best in customer service Therefore, comments like yours will definitely motivate us to further strive for excellence. We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

We stayed for 3d2n in deluxe suite. The room service is totally out. Request for ice bucket twice but did not get any. Lift super slow and we wasted our time just waiting for the lift. You need to wait for atleast 10 15 minutes. No social distancing at all during breakfast, at swimming pool and inside the lift. Staffs seems like not bothered at all for social distancing. Not a pleasant memory for our trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bojeng,

Thank you for your review. We regret to note that your recent stay with us was not up to expectations. We’re known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark, which is totally unacceptable. Due to the current Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) we do practice strict Standard Proceeding Order to serve our valued guest in a safe environment. Proper signage's has been placed at all public areas as well as the swimming pool capacity, restaurant capacity and in the lifts. However, we will definitely take up your comments with upmost priority to ensure all are being followed thoroughly. Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.