Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Ng Adeline
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Awesome Accomodation & Location
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Dec 2023
Location is strategic, rooms are as per their pictures. It’s very convenient with eateries available with 50 meters walk, and walking distance to Jonker Street.

Staff responsive and very helpful. The price paid for the rooms are very affordable.

There’s ample open space carpark which is not more than 150 meters.

There’s going to be Hok Cheong Kopitiam opening soon, it was under renovation while we stayed there recently.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Great accommodations, comfortable bed, shower and clean. Most importantly, location is strategic...
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    RM 84
  • Hotel Website
0.9 km from Wayfarer Guest House
Pool
Step into our hotel lobby and be welcomed by a spacious, contemporary design that exudes sophistication and style. The lobby's sleek and modern decor is complemented by natural elements such as marble and wood, creating an inviting and warm atmosphere. The high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows allow for ample natural light, providing a bright and airy ambiance.  The one-of-a-kind sculptural design chair's asymmetrical shape and sleek lines make it a visually striking addition to the lobby,
Courtyard
    RM 122
  • Trip.com
1.0 km from Wayfarer Guest House
View more hotels in Melaka
All reviews the river free wifi is provided jonker street balcony room malaysia
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2022

I am staying in Johor Bahru and my dad's home town is in Malacca.I stayed at Wayfarer with my parents for 2 days 1 night in conjunction with All Souls Day.I really loved the room very much!It is so oriental,clean,cosy,nice&with a beautiful balcony room.Free wifi is provided as well.Most importanty,the location of the guest house is in the heart of town.What a great location!We could walk around so easily without having to drive our car around the town area.What I like most about Wayfarer is that,it is so close to Jonker Walk,Jonker Street and the Christ church area.Opposite of my balcony room,I can see the St.Xavier's church and the Malacca river with the river cruise boats passing by all the time.I really can't forget my stay at Wayfarer.I truly recommend people to come and stay at Wayfarer!They won't regret it and the price of the rooms are so cheap and reasonable.The toilets are absolutely clean and the management provides hand wash and shower foams for the guests to use.The room that I stayed in also has a bath tub.Last but not least,Wayfarer has given me and my family a very good and friendly service.I will never ever forget my stay at Wayfarer.I will definately come back to Wayfarer to stay again when there is another chance and another good opportunity.So,I would like to wish the management of Wayfarer and their immediate families all the best and good luck in their tourism business and also all the best in their future undertakings!Thank you very much Wayfarer for letting me and my family have a really sweet,fun and lovely stay.We managed to make good memories at Wayfarer and in Malacca.I LOVE WAYFARER SO SO MUCH!

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 19 March 2020 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hosts were very hospitable and helpful, they even picked us up from bus stop and helped arrange onward transport.

The room overlooking river with large balcony was beautiful. There is noise, the river walkway is bustling and noisy, and there is little sound proofing. But, if you are not noise sensitive and want to stay somewhere central, in large comfortable rooms, I would recommend here.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank D2654FKians
Reviewed 31 December 2019

I do not understand those who write good reviews.Guests are only accepted until 22:00. So after an already tiring trip, you have to worry about whether or not someone will welcome you at this guest house. We got a room with a window to the kitchen (yes the kitchen). Our rooms was dark, toilet room very small. In the rooms everything can be heard from the outside, and when i say everything i mean even if a coin falls on the floor to an neighbors room, sounds of the kitchen, a quiet chat in the hallway, walking at the coridor EVERYTHING you can hear. There is no elevator so if you if you choose a room on the top floor or have health problems, carrying big backpacks it will not be convenient. House keeping is very poor, even the bed is not made neatly. In the hallways there were a lot of stuff like bedding, toilet paper, used water bottles etc. it does not make a neat picture of a guest house. There arent any receptionist or administrator too. Two kids sitting at the computer playing games you meet more often than adult person wanting to help you. Yes at the ground floor you will find free tea coffee and a box of crackers, but you certainly won't be happy to sit there. The environment was completely messy. You feel like living in a student dormitory. Don't get me wrong, we're not snooty Europeans living only in 5 star hotels, but this guest house is not as magical as it is in the comments. only plus is location.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Egle K
WayfarerMelaka, Owner at Wayfarer Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Thank you for writing this review and we appreciate your feedback.

The check-in time until 10pm was already known the moment you booked and also informed to you beforehand. However, we do understand that guests may face unfortunate delays coming here and we will always wait for the last guest to arrive.

The guest house is a restored 3-storey old shophouse located in the UNESCO heritage area of Melaka. Building regulations here are very strict. We retained as much as possible the original architecture but mixed with modern amenities. There is no elevator here but I did help you to carry your heavy backpack up to the first floor. Sound insulation may be a little poor but this is inherent in this kind of building, though we are planning to improve on this aspect.

The guest house is also the home of my family, so we are around doing our own things. We give our guests privacy and space but we are more than happy to assist when requested. The 2 boys you mentioned are my nephews, who were over here visiting their grandparents during their school holidays.

We will definitely improve on the tidiness and neatness of the guest house.

We are very sorry that you felt this way while staying here. But we definitely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 24 December 2019

We spent two nights at this wonderful home stay. We stayed on the top floor (Artist's room) with a view over the river, loved the dark shutters, the dark timber floor. The hosts were very kind, always on hand to give directions, answer questions, call taxis. Coffee and tea are available on the ground floor which was very much appreciated. Really good location for exploring what's left of the historical heart of Melaka.

Room tip: Recommend the Artist's Room on the top floor.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank zambrosia
Reviewed 4 December 2019 via mobile

My wife and I spent three nights in this gorgeous home stay and it was the perfect base from which to explore Malacca.

We sprung for one of their larger apartments with a balcony affording us a great view of the river and old town. While there are a lot of stairs to haul your suitcases up, the spacious room and the view it affords is worth the investment.

Located right in old town, it’s a short walk to the riverfront restaurants and Jonkers Walk. You’re is close to the action that the only downside is the occasional late night music. This shut off at or before midnight every night, and we were there during Diwali.

The staff are a family and very friendly. We especially loved playing with the new kittens.

An on-site restaurant would be nice, especially since they’re squandering what would be a gorgeous river front breakfast setup. There’s plenty of other food nearby, however, so it’s no big deal.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris W