Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$36
Hotels.comUS$43
Trip.comUS$43
TravelocityUS$43
All reviews the river hard rock cafe jonker street walking distance limited parking space
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I really loved this hotel. It's very strategic with everything within walking distance definitely a great place to stay! Especially during night time it's so gorgeous since the hotel is located by the riverside. Halia Inc. food was really good! Comparing to other places we went to eat, the price is quite reasonable and the portion was very generous as well. The staffs are really friendly and helpful too.

Also, I wanted to do a birthday surprise in the room. The staffs were really quick to introduce me to the person in charge. Really want to say a big thank you to Cassandra for helping me out with the arrangement. You're really sweet and very open to ideas. Plus the treatment felt so personal so it's easy to share my ideas with her. If I were to come back to Melaka I'll definitely stay at Quayside again!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank relicq
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Location wise excellent, we had a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony overlooking the river the balcony was fantastic had great view and privacy but as I love to sit there and surf the net it was impossible as it was far too slow it took over a minute just to get to the tripadvisor website, even in the room so slow.
The room itself was fine, clean and a good size for 2. The air con was good the bathroom was OK. The biggest let down was the breakfast I honestly don't know why they bother first day Sunday, they had the normal stuff toast, coffee hash brown cereal but no egg station. The next day Monday morning it was just toast and coffee they did offer to cook us some noodles but we declined next day we had breakfast somewhere else. So to sum it up if you want a none fancy clean, well located hotel but don't mind really slow internet and no breakfast this place is fine

Room tip: upstairs with a balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Great hotel to crash in with an amazing location. Worth every single penny. 5 mins away to the famous Jonker street. Housekeeping was a little noisy as my room was on the corner of the first floor, overall fantastic!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank nav1nr
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We arrived slightly past noon on 13/3/2017, and for some reason, the parking lots in front of the hotel was being blocked off. So we parked in the open carpark not far opposite of the hotel. We later realized that the hotel reserved some lots in the open carpark for guests, but we missed the signage and paid the carpark operator for parking in normal lots.

Our room is on the second floor, with a nice little balcony facing the river. The hotel seem to be undergoing some renovation / upgrading and it was very noisy in the day. It will be good if the hotel staff bothered to at least inform us that there are renovation works going on when we arrived. No towels in the room, so we had to request for towels to be sent to our room. We expect to get some rest before heading out to the streets, but the noises are really disturbing and we couldn't rest at all.

Another annoying problem is the mosquitos. Cannot enjoy the night breeze and river view on the balcony without getting bitten by mosquitos. Some got into the room, resulting in a restless night. The hotel management should really consider looking for a solution to this issue. We did not pay a higher rate for the river view room, only to get bitten by mosquitos.

The location of the hotel is the best they can offer. Walking distance to tourist attractions like Jonker Street, St Paul's, The Stadthuys, Dataran Pahlawan...

Room tip: No lifts- guest with heavy luggage might want to consider ground floor rooms, but might be noisy due to the bad soundproofing from upstairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Stayed here for 7 nights in a 2 storey building which had rooms that overlooks either the river view or main road. Check in was fast.My room with balcony was on the second level.The room was huge. Clothes hangers was provided.Rooms facing main road has no balcony.If travelling with elderly or people with a handicap problem will face issues as there is no lift in this hotel.Rooms were properly maintained. Rain shower was a problem in my room as i had only roughly 3 minutes of hot water before it became lukewarm throughout of my stay despite maintenance.No separate shower cubicle. So if you took a bath the whole bathroom floor as well as toilet seat would get wet.Rooms was not sound proof. Bring along mosquito repellent as there are mosquitoes every night at the balcony. Housekeeping was done everyday by staff who was friendly and room with amenities such as shower bath and shampoo along with tea and coffee facilities was refilled and clean bath towels and crisp bedsheets was replaced everyday. If you are a light sleeper choose another hotel. Noise from tourist walking just below the balcony goes on from early morning till past 1AM in the morning as well as trishaw riders, river cruise boats and nearby pub joints with music blaring during the night.Hotel within walking distance to all attractions,shopping malls,and Jonker street which made my trip enjoyable.Hotel has a restaurant which serves breakfast but i did not book the room with breakfast so i cant review the menu.If you need a taxi staff will gladly call one for you.Overall highlight of my stay in this hotel was location, location and again location. Would like to thank house keeping team,Rose Toh, Fiy, Dinesh and special mention especially to Fareyn who assisted me in my booking prior to my visit and during my overall stay where she and another staff Abdullah took the trouble in helping me locate certain places and eatries whicn i needed to go to. Thanks to you Fareyn and Abdullah my stay was made memorable. All the staffs was always smiling and cheerful which i appreciated very much.

Room tip: Second floor balcony rooms facing river view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo