Lowest prices for your stay
US$43
US$36
Hotels.comUS$43
Orbitz.comUS$43
TravelocityUS$43
All reviews the river hard rock cafe jonker street walking distance limited parking space
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The location is fantastic with river views and close to the historic attractions, shopping and restaurants. The restaurant part of the hotel is under going renovation but it is not a problem as the entry to the hotel is separate. It is very close to the Maritime museum, Jonker St Paul's church, Melaka River Park Cruise, Muzium Rakyat and another dozen of attractions. I also like the industrial design of the building, it resembles one of those wharf warehouse with an open plan lobby-reception area and high ceiling. My hubby loves the balcony but be aware that it is next to the board walk which is open to the public. It can get noisy specially in the morning and on Friday and Saturday nights. The room size is adequate but the shower-toilet in one is a bit small. Every thing gets wet once you use the shower and the floor don't dry quickly so you have to put up with a wet floor. If they made the shower-toilet another half a meter bigger it would have been adequate to put a shower curtain to fix this. The wifi signal is very poor and house keeping is not reliable. The breakfast can do a lot of improvement. I found the coffee very bitter and very limited food choice. The first day, there was plain fried rice, mini sausage (don't know if chicken, pork or beef), sweet cereals, milk (not sure if fresh or can), toast and jam, coffee and tea. The fried rice is very bland and the sausage a bit dry. We asked if there are eggs - none. The second day it was noodles (not sure if fried or out of the packet), we didn't bother and just had toast, jam, tea and coffee with no milk. The third day we just got coffee and tea and had breakfast in the balcony with our own bought bread. The hotel has a lot of potential and could be busier if not for the mediocre breakfast, wifi and regular house keeping. For the area, this hotel is good value and the staff very friendly.

Room tip: Rooms on the northeast or river side got balconies and river views.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sahaja1
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stayed as a family in co-joined rooms on the top floor. I was surprised by the number of bad reviews as this place is great. Great location, clean & functional rooms and a great view from the balcony over the river. The staff were incredible. So helpful, informative and very friendly.
The wifi wasn't great but we don't travel just to use the wifi right!
We were travelling with three kids in their late teens and the staff enjoyed chatting to and singing with the kids. Well done Quayside team, you made our stay a memorable one.

Room tip: Stay on the top floor with a view of the river
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryljxx
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Great location with reasonable price. Near tourist attractions like Jonker street, Christ Church, Hard Rock, River Cruise, etc. Good view of the river. Hotel staff is very friendly and nice. Not for the fussy travellers though. The room is small, sheets and towels are old, no shower curtain/divider in the bathroom, pillows are bad quality, toilet seat is broken, and the worst part, you can hear the sound from adjacent rooms. Will I go back to this hotel? Yes, it's in a great location with reasonable price and very friendly staff.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I really loved this hotel. It's very strategic with everything within walking distance definitely a great place to stay! Especially during night time it's so gorgeous since the hotel is located by the riverside. Halia Inc. food was really good! Comparing to other places we went to eat, the price is quite reasonable and the portion was very generous as well. The staffs are really friendly and helpful too.

Also, I wanted to do a birthday surprise in the room. The staffs were really quick to introduce me to the person in charge. Really want to say a big thank you to Cassandra for helping me out with the arrangement. You're really sweet and very open to ideas. Plus the treatment felt so personal so it's easy to share my ideas with her. If I were to come back to Melaka I'll definitely stay at Quayside again!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank relicq
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Location wise excellent, we had a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony overlooking the river the balcony was fantastic had great view and privacy but as I love to sit there and surf the net it was impossible as it was far too slow it took over a minute just to get to the tripadvisor website, even in the room so slow.
The room itself was fine, clean and a good size for 2. The air con was good the bathroom was OK. The biggest let down was the breakfast I honestly don't know why they bother first day Sunday, they had the normal stuff toast, coffee hash brown cereal but no egg station. The next day Monday morning it was just toast and coffee they did offer to cook us some noodles but we declined next day we had breakfast somewhere else. So to sum it up if you want a none fancy clean, well located hotel but don't mind really slow internet and no breakfast this place is fine

Room tip: upstairs with a balcony
Date of stay: March 2017