Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Loved my stay in the Fenix Inn Hotel. Staff were super friendly, room was spotlessly cleaned each day. Hotel in good location, walking distance to the city's sights and malls. The hotel shuttle bus collected me from the bus station in Melaka Sentral (RM15 for up to 3 people) Free wifi, plus they have an internet room. A cafe/restaurant would have been ideal, but the hotel is new. There are plenty of places nearby to eat.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank KarenTheExplorer
Operations M, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear karenbomb,

Thank you very much for choosing us as your ideal hotel during your most recent stay in Malacca! We sincerely appreciate your time for this feedback which is valuable to us in order to improve and excel further!

We are extremely delighted to hear that your loved your stay with us and find our team members friendly and helpful. Our team members are our biggest assets and we constantly invest in training and development in order to provide excellent services to all our guests. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Shuttle Service and the free Wifi. We will be upgrading our facilities and services further in stages this year in order to provide a more comfy guest experience!

All of us here look forward to welcome you back in the near future and do keep in touch!

Reviewed 28 August 2012

The customer service is excellent,Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted with a cold drink. room is clean and comfort.So surprise with the complimentary valet service that are not offered by other budget hotels.i Would definitely stay here again....

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Anson L
Operations M, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Anson L,
Thank You for choosing Fenix Inn as your ideal hotel during your most recent stay in Malacca! We sincerely value and appreciate your feedback about your stay which will enable us to further improve our facilities and services for the enjoyment of our guests!

We are extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed the welcome drinks and free valet parking services offered to you and these are definitely our unique selling point, especially for hotels in our category. We constantly strive to provide the best services to all our guests!

We are currently upgrading our facilities and services in stages and our team and I look forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Very nice, simple hotel strategically located in the heart of Melaka. Walking distance to everywhere and the staff are very friendly. Unique service not offered by other hotels that I know of, complimentary valet service! Would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annabel_Loh
Operations M, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Annabel_Loh,

Thank You very much for your staying with us during your most recent trip to Malacca and for you valuable time and feedback in regards to our facilities and services. We sincerely appreciate!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and find our team members friendly and enjoyed the Valet Parking services as well. Our Valet Parking service is available 24 hours, 7 days, free of charge, for all our guests with vehicles and is definitely a unique service especially from a hotel of our category in Malacca!

Our team and I cant wait to have you back again and do keep in touch!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night in July as part of a trip around Malaysia and Singapore. Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted with a cold drink, check in was swift and I was assigned a room in the main wing, it did have a window overlooking the side of the building.

My room was on the first floor, as stated by other reviewers there are no lifts, but someone was on hand to help with suitcase etc. My room was a superior double, it was more than adequate for myself as a single traveler, I'd say it would be fine for 2 people but no more than that. The room was clean, with a small beside table and a TV mounted on the wall. Bathroom was fine. And everything was very clean

Staff on reception were extremely helpful - advising on things to see and the order in which to see them and the quickest route to them. The hotel is opposite a huge shopping mall so plenty of shopping options and some fast food options.

Melaka is very rich in history and this hotel was a 10 minute walk to what i would call the start of the main places to visit. The nearest sight of interest to the hotel is St Paul's Hill. There are a number of museums and places to visit in this square and after that its just a matter of following the road along and you will end up walking all the way to China town and to Jonker Street.

I didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on food or restaurants, I did also use the computers in the business centre to check email and that was fine too. I also booked the shuttle service back to the bus station for the next part of my trip to Singapore - it does work out cost effective if there is a group of you, but its cheaper than getting a taxi.

In summary this is a lovely hotel, staff are helpful and friendly and my only regret was that I wasn't staying longer to enjoy this beautiful town.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RaRaUk
vivek v, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear RaRaUk,

Thank you very much for choosing Fenix Inn as your ideal hotel during your recent trip to Malacca and for the time for your valuable review which is important for us to further improve

We are extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services - the welcome drinks and cold towels, quick check-in and other services as well. It is also nice to receive your feedback on our rooms and amenities which I believe met your expectation

I am sure our team will find your compliments motivating in order to further improve and strive to provide excellent services to all our guests

Our team and I look forward to welcome you back for another "wonderful" experience in the future!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Although everything is V.Good, these areas should be look into with urgency.
1. Rooms should be equip with mini fridge since there is no F&B outlets within the First Class Budget Hotel.
2. TV remote control and Television should work together in B29. TV menu dosen't coincide.
Lastly check in should be more organize. I can sympathize since I work in the hotel industry but others who doesn't may not.

vivek v, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Bettygomes,

Thank you very much for your valuable review on our hotel, we sincerely appreciate and thanking you again for choosing us as your ideal hotel during your recent trip to Malacca!

We are pleased to hear your suggestion for enhancement of our in-room facilities such as mini bar fridge, television channels and front desk check-in efficiency. We will certainly look into your points as our important areas of improvement.

Our hotel will be undergoing refurbishment and enhancement works on our facilities and services in stages this year and our team and I look forward to welcome you back for a another chapter of wonderful Fenix Inn experience!