Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$171
US$55
US$39
US$31
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

Hotel Puri(Melaka)
US$42
US$38
Agoda.com
US$47
US$35
1,986 results
All reviewsstraits viewkids suitetea tree spathe executive loungebusy roadinfinity poolshuttle serviceshuttle busjonker streetclub roomfacing the searoom facingmahkota paradechecking inhigh floornice poolshopping mall
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Melaka for 12 nights, booked a Club Room with the Melaka Straits view. We cannot fault the staff that we came in contact with, our special thanks go to Abu, Shah, Medley and Ayu that made the club lounge a welcoming place. The swimming pool is huge and most days we had it to ourselves. The room was as expected with the view of the Straits. Excellent location for a 10 minute walk to Jonker Street and the surrounding historical areas.

The one major complaint we have is the newly opened nightclub Arena which started playing extremely loud music from 9pm carrying on through to 4am the next morning. Our room was on the 18th floor and the windows were vibrating with the loud bass, sleep was not a option. We complained to the front desk regarding the nightclub, but it seems that the Holiday Inn Melaka management have absolutely no clout in asking the Arena nightclub to not only keep the volume of music down but also to ask it to close at a reasonable time. The Arena website states it is open from 6pm through to 2am, why was the noise and loud bass music allowed to continue to 4am?? We were not the only ones to complain, so why was it allowed to continue? We did not get a response from the hotel management

We were moved to another room, 19th floor, city view, and there were still times we could hear the Arena nightclubs music.

So, if you want a good night's sleep we cannot recommend the Holiday Inn, but for location and helpful, friendly staff we can, can't answer for the senior management.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Rizwan I, Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences about our hotel during your recent stay with us.

However, I do apologize for the loud music from the nearby Club. Please be informed that we have spoken to the Management of the Arena Club pertaining to the loud music that has caused disturbance to our guests and we are monitoring on a daily basis on the volume from the Club.

I hope that this one-off incident will not mar your impression towards our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact us should your travel plans bring you back to Holiday Inn Melaka.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

1. We wanted a room far from the lift. We were first given 1011, which faced the lift lol. Went back to reception and got changed to room 907. Keycard didnt work. Husband went down to inform the reception and then came back up. Still didnt work. Went back down again and came back up. Still didnt work. Went back down again and came back up with a staff. Still didnt work . Staff called security who managed to open the door but guess what? Door was latched locked from the inside. Closed the door and knocked on it and someone actually replied from the inside. There was someone in the room! So, we all went back down to reception and informed them of what happened. I told them I would go out for a while and then come back again while they sorted it out.
2. Came back 3 hours later. Got room 1011 again which faced the lifts haha. Had to explain again that we wanted a room far from the lifts and then finally got another room a bit further from the lifts buttttttt had a door to connect between rooms. You could hear the guy next door cough what more all his conversations lolll
3. Housekeeping was atrocious. For the 3 nights we were there, they didnt vacuum at all. Did not make the beds at all. They topped up the mandatory 2 bottles of mineral water. 2 rolls of tissue. One box of tissue paper. Dry towels. Topped up toiletries. Thats it. Yes they didnt even touch the pillows lolllll.
4. A club is right next to the hotel. Which plays the same loud music every night. If you are a light sleeper, pls. Do yourself a favor ok.
5. We ordered room service once. It was beyond salty.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Bella A

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. It is disappointing to learn that your experience did not meet your expectation. Please accept our sincere apologies for this. We take customer feedback very seriously and use all comments to continuously improve our services.

Obviously this is not the usual service delivered by our staff which we have committed to all our guests. I have spoken to the respective department heads and actions are taken to ensure there are no future recurrences.

We look forward to serving you again and hopefully have the opportunity to show you our improvements.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Its a nice hotel. The view from the room is amazing.
Room was clean and tidy. The lobby was nice. Staffs were friendly.
The breakfast had a wide range of options. Its a nice hotel to stay if visit to Melaka.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am glad to know that you are satisfied with the services rendered during your recent stay here.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should your travel plans bring you back to Melaka in not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

When I booked the hotel I tried to find out how many people suite can accommodate. It was not possible to find that information from the Holiday Inn reservations. I had to call to the hotel. It was my birthday trip, which I also mentioned in the reservation - in many quality hotels you will get at least a note wishing Happy Birthday. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get it at this hotel. Check-inn was a bit of a hassle. The person at the reception didn't return my passport. I had to come back to the reception to ask for it and surprisingly it was found immediately. The room was not cleaned properly, drawers were dusty. Transportation to Jonker Street requires booking beforehand, but the bus still leaves without checking that everyone is on board. Food was pretty good, but generally I cannot recommend the hotel considering its price. Overall I start to have doubts if I want to stay at Holiday Inn because of the service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Rizwan I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Melaka as your preferred hotel while you were in Melaka.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. I have personally looked in to all the service issues mentioned and feed back to our respective head of departments accordingly. Whilst we are unable to undo the above shortcomings, please rest assured that the service deficiencies experienced had been looked into. Your comments are constructive and we are focused on making positive changes for the future.

Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of my team. We hope this one off experience will not deter you from returning to our hotel and I hope that you can give us another chance to live up to your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melaka at any time and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at welcome@holidayinnmelaka.com should your travel plans bring you back to Melaka

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Clean and quiet hotel located watyerfront of the Straints of Melaka with big and comfortable rooms. The hotel staff is always gentle and always smiling when addressing to you. I have used the restaurant only for breakfast and have really appreciated the wide choice of food. It's a hotel to recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view on the Straits of Melaka
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that our services met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.