Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews garden view jonker street dutch square walking distance deluxe king limited parking free flow lounge area light sleeper the ground floor enjoyed my stay nasi lemak tourist attractions shopping mall design blinds cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2020 via mobile

Clean and comfortable hotel an almost hostel like vibe.Enjoyed my stay here very much ....view garden so very nice...Relexing
Jonker street and a 10minute walk in the opposite direction to the shopping mall

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2020 via mobile

A nice lil hotel tucked away at a lil corner behind the sprawling back grounds of the Istana Lama. Fantastic quiet location just a few minutes walk away from the Dutch Square.
My room is a Premier Deluxe King with garden view on the 1st floor. Loved the room, modern deco with huge windows which I like. Room was clean and I was reassured that during this covid19 period, the rooms are left Idle for a day for thorough sanitizing before the next occupant checks-in.
Pool area was closed due to covid19 and breakfast was not provided but I'm fine with it as I rate my stays based on hotel and room condition and staff attitude.
Front desk ladies were very helpful and even gv me tips on eateries. Thanks.
There are 8 private parking lots but I guess nearby public lots are safe enough since the police quarters is in the same location.
Overall, I'm happy with this stay except for a minor gripe ie. No room mini-fridge.
Would surely return.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Vajra Y
Reviewed 28 January 2020 via mobile

Overall great stay. Staff were friendly, rooms were very clean and comfortable. They also provide free baby cot. Bathroom was clean and spacious. Breakfast was okay. Enjoyed the interior as well. Only one major con was the parking situation. They did not have parking at the hotel so we had to park a bit further away. Would be okay for couples or friends travelling but we had a baby and an elderly with us so walking beside the busy road was a bit of a turn off. However would still recommend this hotel to others as it was very near Jonker street (walking distance).

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2020

Cheked into this hotel for a quick 2D-1N stay on 14/01/2020. We had a great deal so the hotel was well worth is. The rooms are small but the view of the museum garden was great. I'll just break it down in pros and cons to make things easier

Pros:
Beautifully decorated, has a pool (with complimentary towels in the pool area)
Free breakfast (although a simple one with some pastries, nasi lemak, coffee and tea and fruits)
Lift (I don't have to drag a luggage of 4 pax up the stairs)
Adequately facilitated room (Bottled water, TV, Aircon, Hot/Cold Shower, Dryer, Ironing board and an Iron, Reading lights, bathroom amneties)
Strategically situated (Walking distance from Stadhuys and Jonker Walk even for a family of 4 yo, 6yo)
Friendly staff (The purposely inflated the pool floats so that my kids can have a better time there, there was a huge doughnut and a swan in the pool)

Cons:
The room was a bit dusty (I know that because my kids were throwing their stuff animal toys on the blinds and all the dust fell down)
Limited parking spaces (I went on a week day so I have no problem with this but this can be a real problem on holidays)

Date of stay: January 2020
FIZAHKMZ, Assistant Manager at The Rucksack Caratel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2020

Dear 214ckw ,

Thank you for choosing The Rucksack Caratel as the hotel of choice for your recent stay in Melaka .

We truly appreciate hearing from our valued guests and to be allowed the opportunity to be a part of your holiday at our centrally located hotel. The concerns highlighted in your feedback will be looked at immediately with the intention to improve further.

We look forward to hosting all of you again and hopefully your experience will be even better the next time round! Continue to #solovethefeeling and till' your next sweet escape!

Reviewed 26 December 2019

The best hotel to stay for friends and family in Melaka. But this time i am with my friends. We really enjoyed the overall hotel, the interior, the design, the staff of course very accommodating ( Harris and Nurul). I love it! The room is super amazing with a garden view! Worth it! Surely will recommend to other friends and family!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank thirdys2017

Dear thirdy2017,

Greetings from The Rucksack Caratel, Melaka! I am delighted you took the time to post a review on TripAdvisor for your recent stay with us at The Rucksack Caratel

Let me thank you for all your kind words that I will share with all the team members who participated to the success of your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon! Safe travels and continue to fill up your life with #solovethefeeling moments!