Fort Conde Inn
US$189
US$184
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewschef robbiecarriage housethe main houseseafood benedictroyal suitethe cottagesclaw foot tubbreakfast chefbananas foster french toastluxury roombridal partyexecutive chefwithin walking distance to downtownbreakfast was amazingother guestsbed and breakfasthistoric neighborhood
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed overnight in the Chambre de Meredith. It was quite lovely - high ceilings, beautiful furnishings, and luxurious linens. Our room was in the front corner of the inn and decorated in a most soothing palette. There was a beautiful veranda overlooking the neighborhood. A pleasant surprise was the adequate space around the bathroom sink as well as shelves (unusual for B&Bs). The toiletries were special and the tub in this room was jetted. The breakfast was scrumptious! The overall experience is one I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Perfect location for walking to restaurants and activities. Loved being in an historic home... beautifully restored and repurposed as a B & B. So enjoyed talking with other guests at breakfast (deliciously prepared!) Lots of warm southern hospitality from all the staff.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My wife and I went down for two nights. We had a room, Marguerite's Room (No.5) in the main building. It was absolutely delightfully decorated and appointed, with more than most inn's features (including both a tub AND a enclosed shower that was roomy). The bath was the size of the bedroom, and both rooms were very adequate. Ft. Conte is a B&B, so breakfast was served the two mornings we were there. Breakfast is "come when you want to", though I can imagine you might have to wait a bit with full occupancy, however it is great to sit at a mahogany table with a table cloth and chat with the other guests and travelers that are staying there with you. There is one 10 seat table with others available in other ground floor rooms in the Ford-Hall House. Some less gregarious sorts might find this thought a bit off-putting, but I can assure you that my wife and I found our breakfast conversations with the other guests one of the premiere highlights of our trip to Mobile. It's the kind of thing few do any more when they travel, but interaction with others on such an informal--and without conditions chatting--is a life enriching experience. One learns things one would never seek to learn from such interpersonal interactions. Chef Conti presented us with an array of choices, seafood, traditional and, the ever deep South present, high caloric bananas foster pancake route. The bacon was fabulous, and since I am a plain food guy, he fixed me 'plain ol'' scrambled eggs and bacon', proving a suspicion that I have held for some time now, that "fancy chef's can't cook plain food", to be totally erroneous. I am a bit handicapped, but the elevator in the building solved that problem. There is a nice honor bar stocked with beer, wine and the hard stuff in the home'd dining room. I would sum it up by saying that our stay here was delightful. (Oh, let me include something that occurred to me when I saw the location of the Ft. Conte on the map--that it might be noisy due to its close proximity to many expressways and the bay tunnel entrance--my fear was totally without merit--the place was located on a quiet tucked away cobblestone roads, and any noise of traffic is carried up and away by the concrete walls surrounding them.)
I would recommend this accommodation to any who would wish to travel to or through Moblie who would like to abide for a while in elegance and a most friendly environment. The staff, from the owner down to the maids, were all graciously accommodating and even eager to look for what needs you might have before you might ask. The girl on the desk even helped us carry our load of way too many bags up to our room. Ft. Conte is a most excellent place to sojourn, and I would recommend you rush to discover it before it becomes so popular you may find it difficult to obtain accommodations therein, for they are clearly limited. I counted nine rooms in the main building, the Ford-Hall House, and I would estimate probably about twenty to thirty in the other buildings--though I don't really know this number. The guidelines said that I should say what I liked the least about our stay, so I will tell you that it was the horrible Mobile traffic during rush hour going through the city to the west side toward the airport--don't do it! Stay in the hotel and have a glass of wine on the patio-courtyard and relax. All my experiences at the inn met or exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: I can't say that I have anything to say here. Our one room was wonderful.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Wonderful place to stay! Very nice and clean along with the staff being helpful and curtious! Excellent location to access the ship terminal as well, was even able to park there during cruise to avoid parking at terminal! If your crusing, this is your place to stay, walking distance to downtown attractions too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel! It has been beautifully restored. We didn't have any problem with highway noise. We stayed in a carriage house room on the second floor. The location is a bit off the beaten path but it was an short and easy walk to see downtown and eat at wonderful restaurants. The chef and his breakfast were fabulous. You may tip the chef directly. We will return if we're in town again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple