“Yummy !”

Spot of Tea
Ranked #5 of 691 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful downtown Mobile, Spot of Tea is a unique destination for an incredible breakfast, brunch, or lunch, and of course a spot of tea! Our family-owned restaurant is easily recognized for our beautifully manicured Side-Walk Cafe and dine-in Cathedral Park, the perfect spot to enjoy a lovely day with your kids and pets. We boast nearly 50 fine varieties of tea and we strive to serve the finest breakfast, sandwiches, and specialty dishes in the city. Spot of Tea features brunch seven days a week, where we invite you to sample our sweet Bananas Foster French Toast, classic Eggs Benedict, or Monte Cristo breakfast sandwich. And don't forget about our signature Eggs Cathedral - an English muffin topped with crab cake, eggs, and seafood sauce! Be sure to join us for our delectable lunch options as well, including savory sandwiches, specialty salads, and our award-winning signature soup - the Loaded Potato Soup that has been voted Mobile's most popular soup 5 years running. Whatever you choose to indulge in, you're sure to enjoy dining in our historical landmark, dating back to 1836! From our delightful outdoor seating areas to our main dining room overlooking Cathedral Square, we have the perfect spot to enjoy a meal with family or an intimate private party with friends. Join us soon at Spot of Tea for a wonderful dining experience with incredible cuisine, fine service, and an unforgettable setting!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a must for an Mobile visitor! Portions are large and price is fair for what you get. I always order seafood bisque and the famous strawberry sweet tea . I suggest sitting outside for a relaxing meal. It's pretty and sometimes there's a trumpet player outside. Eggs cathedral is another food dish. Service is good too

Tony M, Owner at Spot of Tea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Cherry, thanks for reaching out! I'm so glad you're a fan of the Eggs cathedral and our fresh seafood bisque. I really can't wait to see you again!

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Had lunch yesterday. So much smoke in kitchen eyes were burning. It use to be popular. Now mostly empty. Water dripping from ventilation vents into my glass of water. Need to change name from spot of tea to downtown diner it’s more descriptive.

Tony M, Owner at Spot of Tea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

I'm sorry to hear this, Larry, and if there were any issues with smoke or our ventilation. That certainly isn't typical, so rest assured I'll be looking into it. I hope to welcome you back to show you that isn't a typical experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I gave this more than one chance. One hint that puzzles me is the nam. It makes one think of English Tea. It falls short with just strawberry ice tea. Frozen lettuce and not good chick salad. It’s large and in a convenient ae but not my first choice. Sorry, it use to be good.

Tony M, Owner at Spot of Tea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thanks for reaching out! As you know, we've been a staple in Mobile for quite some time now, but it sounds like there's been some miscommunication about our name. While we offer a variety of food, we also have over 40 types of tea, so I'm not sure why you've only seen strawberry ice tea. Next time, please let us know you're interested in trying something else, and we'd be happy to suggest something!

Thanks,

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Wonder breakfast choices. Love the Monti Christo sandwich. Strawberry tea is great. There special hash brown potatoes are to die for. Yum.

Tony M, Owner at Spot of Tea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Diane, it's so great to hear the sandwich, breakfast options, and teas have been nothing short of perfect! I really couldn't ask for more, and I hope we'll see you back again soon for a bite.

Until next time,

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Very good service. Interesting decor. They have outdoor seating but unfortunately the day we were there, they didn't have a table big enough for 6, not did they have most of their chairs around the tables. Granted it was October. Restaurant is located right in the heart of the city. Food was ok. I had the shrimp caesar salad. Lots of shrimp were in the salad. Also had soup with it. Good flavor on the soup but the soup was served lukewarm. I would most likely give it one more try.

Tony M, Owner at Spot of Tea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for joining us for a meal, Patti, and I'm happy to hear our shrimp Caesar salad hit the spot. That said, I'm sorry the soup was anything but piping hot -- I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

I can't wait to welcome you back for another meal, and I'm sure we can show you an all around better experience.

Until then,
Tony, Owner

Been to Spot of Tea? Share your experiences!