“Lunch with son”

Briquettes Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 697 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

After a South football scrimmage, we ate here for a late lunch. We started with chicken nachos which were very good. Wife and son had rib eye, which were excellent. I had the BBQ chicken breast which was not bad. For dessert we had key lime pie and my son said it was the bomb! I agreed! Kyle was very good keeping our tea glasses full. It's a busy place so go early! We are off the lunch menu which was priced well. We will be back!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I have never had a meal that was less than perfect at Briquettes! The food and service exceptional-especially Samantha and Morgan!! Bryan and Becky Payne have built a really great local business that everyone should try while in Mobile.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I absolutely adore this restaurant. Their lunch menu is priced great and the quality of food is just as good as dinner time. Dinner is a little more expensive than lunch but still not too pricey. They definitely have items you can get if you are watching the bank. Their steaks are PHENOMENAL. I love the fish plates as well and I have also tried some pasta dishes that were delicious. I come for lunch with my dad almost weekly and we have never tried anything we didn't like, and get something different almost every time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by this restaurant as we were seeking a good steak and not a chain steakhouse. We both ordered the small filets, a salad and another side. The salads were fresh cut and a good portion. The steaks were cooked perfectly and were tender. My side of zucchini was a good alternative to a baked potato. My wife's baked potato was hot and oven baked. I wanted to give the place 5 stars, but our server didn't seem to come back when needed drink refills. Also, we would prefer bread instead of the cheese biscuits; but that's just us. In summary, the food was great and we will return if in the area again.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

The food and service is consistent. The steaks, chicken dishes, onion rings, hamburgers, salads are all great. The owners, Brian and Becky have proven that their food and service are consistent. The servers are very personable and attentive. We love going to dinner here.